1st day of 1st bendy job

Started a new job this morning driving nothing but artics and absolutley love it, must admit though changing trailers is a bit daunting especially as only ever done it for test before :open_mouth: but got loads of practice in as i pulled 5 different ones :smiley:
Plenty of reversing too but found it a bit difficult to control when going onto bay as in Merc with (unin)telligent shift thingy.
All in all a brilliant day and didn’t want to come home (don’t tell 'er indoors) and can’t wait for tomorrow :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nice one…

This is my first day with a class 1 license as well but I ended up with a 7.5 tonner

Didn’t half go though… :slight_smile:

btw, what are the legal speed limits in a 7.5 ton ?

50, 60 70 aint it?

think it depends how heavy your boot is :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Hi steve, as i remember speed limits for 7.5t are nearly identical to that of a car the difference being 50 on a dual carrageway. I maybe wrong though, hopefully someone will be along soon who knows :smiley:

The speed limit for a 7.5tonner,is as fast as possible.

Well that’s the way they seem to come past me. :laughing:

Ken.

JayHoe:
50, 60 70 aint it?

Correct.

highwaycode.gov.uk/09.shtml#103

Correct.

Ta-daaaaaa! I thank you!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m glad you are enjoying yourself Linux-user well done. :wink: :laughing:

ACE… :smiley: Glad you’re enjoying it, cuz i’l be with you as soon as my ■■■■ license is returned… :imp: :imp: EIGHT DAYS and counting… :cry:

Stuff that Steve… Rigids maybe, if they’re really stuck, but not a puddle jumper… Not after experiencing proper trucks… :smiley:

I refused to drive the 7.5 tonners after 3 weeks with a C2 as they didn’t hold the same appeal anymore… :confused: Boring 5 speed boxes and car like powersliding round islands… :wink:

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

Linux-user:
Started a new job this morning driving nothing but artics and absolutley love it, must admit though changing trailers is a bit daunting especially as only ever done it for test before :open_mouth: but got loads of practice in as i pulled 5 different ones :smiley:
Plenty of reversing too but found it a bit difficult to control when going onto bay as in Merc with (unin)telligent shift thingy.
All in all a brilliant day and didn’t want to come home (don’t tell 'er indoors) and can’t wait for tomorrow :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

nice to see another user from folkestone m8 :wink:

Cheers all, why do you have to wait for licence to come back Ragtop? Once you have passed your test you can drive :smiley: mine isn’t back from DVLA yet.

Hi Bernie, small Isles :smiley:

Linux-user:
Cheers all, why do you have to wait for licence to come back Ragtop? Once you have passed your test you can drive :smiley: mine isn’t back from DVLA yet.

Hi Bernie, small Isles :smiley:

You have to wait for your licence to come back if you work for an agency as clients like to see/take a copy of it for their records should anything happen.

Drive Safe.

Glad to hear things are going well,Linux. :smiley:

I didn;t know that crash.

Cheers Dan, passed the weeks trial and now have the keys to a Merc Actros 2544 with Huge cab :smiley: just have to hope plugging the kettle in doesn’t bugger it up :open_mouth: beds comfy and night heater works though :smiley:

Am off to Pontypool and Swansea next week, been doing London this week :frowning:

Linux-user:
I didn;t know that crash.

Cheers Dan, passed the weeks trial and now have the keys to a Merc Actros 2544 with Huge cab :smiley: just have to hope plugging the kettle in doesn’t [zb] it up :open_mouth: beds comfy and night heater works though :smiley:

Am off to Pontypool and Swansea next week, been doing London this week :frowning:

Welcome to the Actros club mate :smiley: If you say the bed is comfy,I must assume you have a new model,as the old models bunk was like kipping on a plank of wood :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :frowning: :smiley:
Hope to see you out and about.

Hi Dan, no its old model don’t know what year as all trucks have private plate think its a 2000 model it has 2 slots under speedo for tachos. Pulls like a train aswell :smiley:

It’s not got the standard bed it’s in 1 piece rather than 3 with a mattress :smiley: and the top bunks been removed. Is it me or are the gearboxes slow? do you kangaroo when reversing? (probably just me again LOL) and most importantly does plugging a kettle in bugger it up?

cheers

Linux-user:
Is it me or are the gearboxes slow? do you kangaroo when reversing? (probably just me again LOL) and most importantly does plugging a kettle in [zb] it up?

cheers

Linux,
Must be the kangaroo juice!!! :laughing: :laughing: When reversing, press the throttle GENTLY, as if you had an egg under your right foot,and you should find it won’t be so jerky. (Practice makes perfect :wink: )

As for the kettle,it depends what voltage your kettle is. 12v or 24v? If my memory serves me right,the old Actros has three 24v sockets and one 12v socket. The 24v ones are located: one in each ashtray compartment,and one one the passenger side wall above the bunk. The 12v one is on the console just behind the hand brake.

Hope this helps mate. :smiley:

P.S : IN CASE OF FIRE DIAL 999

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cheers dan, your right about sockets but one on dash is apparently 12v and there is a switch on dash that says 12/24

Kettle is 24v transmarck special

sure its not 112? :smiley:

As well as the voltage the amps are important, most 12V/24V sockets are rarely rated more than 10 amps which is unlikely to be enough for a kettle