1st C+E Shift :-)

Got that 1st shift sorted with a local company.
Doing a 2 man run down south tonight, happy days.
Not sure if more will come, so fingers crossed it will all go to plan, but they have said there will be other adhoc shifts available in the future.
How many shifts do you think I need before I can start punting myself as a class 1 driver to the agencies?

R0ssc0:
Got that 1st shift sorted with a local company.
Doing a 2 man run down south tonight, happy days.
Not sure if more will come, so fingers crossed it will all go to plan, but they have said there will be other adhoc shifts available in the future.
How many shifts do you think I need before I can start punting myself as a class 1 driver to the agencies?

I’m sure whoever it is that has supplied you with your first shift will be happy to help you in someways he can’t… what I’m getting it at that you could ask him to say you’ve worked for him for slightly longer than you have, providing you never got your Class 1 last week or something like that. :slight_smile:

Well done. Just goes to show that job prospects for newbies are improving.

In answer to your question… 1.

You have passed your CE test. And it’s just down to your confidence now. Some people take to it like a duck to water.

Hopefully your first run will go well and it’ll be the first step to a CE driving career.

Best of luck

There is one very important thing you need to remember above all others tonight. Enjoy it.

Good luck.

All the best for tonight Rossco, hope it goes well, and the rest will fall into place :smiley:

Well first ever class 1 shift done and what an experience :slight_smile:
Night driving on single carriageway and motorways at night in a class 1 is a total different ball game :slight_smile: at least down in Birmingham with wagons going flat out everywhere, mental!!
Reversing, got to do that once, into a bay, got it in eventually to other drivers amusement, why can’t they just give u a hand rather than laugh and look :frowning:
Anyway, Glasgow to Birmingham and back without incident = success .
Guys says he will have 1 shift per week on class 1, so learning will be slow but it’s all experience.

Excellent. All experience is good no matter how slowly it comes.

Glad it all went without a hitch.

Reversing will come with practice. They are only laughing cos they can’t do any better :wink:

R0ssc0:
Well first ever class 1 shift done and what an experience :slight_smile:
Night driving on single carriageway and motorways at night in a class 1 is a total different ball game :slight_smile: at least down in Birmingham with wagons going flat out everywhere, mental!!
Reversing, got to do that once, into a bay, got it in eventually to other drivers amusement, why can’t they just give u a hand rather than laugh and look :frowning:
Anyway, Glasgow to Birmingham and back without incident = success .
Guys says he will have 1 shift per week on class 1, so learning will be slow but it’s all experience.

Well done mate :smiley:

Oh and trust me you will be pulling a newbies leg about his/her reversing in a couple of years :laughing: