1st Available freight Norwich

Does anyone know anything about 1st Available Freight out of Norwich see them about tried doing the usual searches but cant find a number or email address just wondered if they were looking for any drivers

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

bigmandan:
Does anyone know anything about 1st Available Freight out of Norwich see them about tried doing the usual searches but cant find a number or email address just wondered if they were looking for any drivers

Here’s a link to some information about the company.
I’ve never heard of them and I’ve been living in Norwich for 15 years.
They only have 6 motors and 1 of the directors names rings a bell and i can’t think why.
1ST AVAILABLE FREIGHT LIMITED NORWICH
haulage-index.co.uk/hauliers/view/88728

Sent using smoke signals

Read last years accounts [emoji47]
beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03814402

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lizard:

bigmandan:

Here’s a link to some information about the company.
I’ve never heard of them and I’ve been living in Norwich for 15 years.
They only have 6 motors and 1 of the directors names rings a bell and i can’t think why.
1ST AVAILABLE FREIGHT LIMITED NORWICH
haulage-index.co.uk/hauliers/view/88728

Sent using smoke signals

I lived in Norfolk for 26 years and I’ve never heard of them and I was looking for a driving job in the early noughties.

Transport manager there is/was an ex mate of mine (havent seen him for a while) Tim Stubbs, he works (worked) from home at the time mainly subbing from other hauliers/clearing house work. Cantrell Transport ran by a Peter Smith was an affiliated/ associated company .
It seems 1st Available has been reincarnated at some point :question: Cantrell who i worked for at the time for a short period was shut down due to various dubious goings on, 1st AVF and Cantrell made a good pair ( tachos/ weight/ trucks being repaired/ serviced on the road outside his own house/ fraud blah blah) but Mr Smith carried on with a new TM …
1st Available Freight could quite possibly be a brand new company (and just coincidental) but could possibly be a blast from the past…there again…im probably just reading too much into it… :grimacing:

According to Companies House this Company was formed in July 1999 by Richard and Doris Hunwicke, of Felixstowe. The current directors are Sarah Lincoln and Andrew Michael Thomson of Taverham.

If my memory is still active, going back 8 years I remember a company of this name that run about 5 artics in the scrap industry running from Norfolk for a very large recycling company, used to see them in our Tilbury Erith and Newmarket yards all the time, I new the boss as andy so could be the same firm.

There lorry’s all have scrap shifters written on them found a few pictures of there lorry’s on Facebook. Just find it weird they have no contact info on them

bigmandan:
There lorry’s all have scrap shifters written on them found a few pictures of there lorry’s on Facebook. Just find it weird they have no contact info on them

Not that many firms do put contact details theses days on trucks esp if running for 1or customers . A friend or mine took all the contact details off his trucks as never got a call for work only ■■■■■■ off car drivers lol