1o hrs drive

Sorry another hrs question. I’m finished for weekend now shipping out Sunday for 2 weeks I have a 10 hrs drive left on this week which I presume I can use Sunday. What I am unsure of is if I finish after midnight on Sunday does that 10 hrs become one of next week’s or is it still classed as this weeks

Yes…

You can do a 10 on Sunday but, you will have only one more 10 after that available.

10 hours twice a week is tops. You can’t save them up and roll them over.

The 10 hour rule can be applied twice in any fixed week ( which runs 00.00 Monday to 24.00 the following Sunday). Do not confuse this with your working week which can start at any time once a weekly rest has been completed. Therfore, if your working shift started Saturday, you could legally work 4x10 hour driving shifts, consecutively spread across Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday completely legally. This is because 2x10 hour driving shifts would fall in the first fixed week and the next 2x10 hour driving shifts would fall into the second fixed week. This potentially could give you 58 hours driving in a working week providing you have the available hours from the previous week driving time and don’t drive for more than 32 hours the following week, to stay legal with the 90 hours driving in a fortnight rule. You must remain aware though that the weekly driving limit of 56 hours driving in a fixed week and the fortnightly driving limit of 90 hours in a working fortnight must be observed. It sounds complicated but once you know the difference between a fixed week and a working week, it’s easy to manipulate to get you home.

So to answer your question, which I’m not sure has been above■■? :open_mouth:
Whichever day/week ur driving shift commences… is the day/week you allocate it too.
So Sunday’s shift is part of this Monday-Sunday fixed week.

Dvsa’s latest software classes whatever fixed week the driving time finishes in, is the week it’s allocated too

The moment you go over the 9 hour daily drive limit is the week in which it counts for

ROG:
The moment you go over the 9 hour daily drive limit is the week in which it counts for

That’s what I would’ve thought made sense, but I’ve had it from the horses mouth of a dvsa dude, that tested this very scenario on their latest software that came out a couple of months ago. He said it goes on the fixed week that the extended driving finishes in

Mattwoodtransport:
So to answer your question, which I’m not sure has been above■■? :open_mouth:
Whichever day/week ur driving shift commences… is the day/week you allocate it too.
So Sunday’s shift is part of this Monday-Sunday fixed week.

And you’ve cleared everything up nicely, thank you. Not! :slight_smile:

stevieboy308:

ROG:

That’s what I would’ve thought made sense, but I’ve had it from the horses mouth of a dvsa dude, that tested this very scenario on their latest software that came out a couple of months ago. He said it goes on the fixed week that the extended driving finishes in

I would get that in writing or email because it is wrong