1990s iveco eurocargo opinions/road tests

hi all

anybody know anything about the 4 cyl 3.9 turbo eurocargo engine/trans? NOT the later tector? type.ivecos are on every street corner yet info online is very hard to come by. i would like to read some road tests for the 4 cyl range typicaly the 75e14. is this engine any good? what will these small trucks happily do on motorway? what do they pull like do they have agood or bad rep for reliability? they suposedly won lots of awards inc fuel economy yet i cant find anything about it
is this the same motor as in the old zeta turbo moto x vans? anybody point me in direction of road tests to read? even calling several comercial repair centers nobody seemed to know anything!

thanks!!

Avoid like the clap these thing self destruct on a regular basis tector would be a better option

R975ENC:
Avoid like the clap these thing self destruct on a regular basis tector would be a better option

hi mate i had one ,expert, tell me they are terrible engines and2 mechanics telling me they are bullet proof no problem etc
so im pretty confused can you give me some examples and confirm we are talking about same engine? i dont want the tector as im looking for a non electrical injection pump 4 cyl turbo as its for a transplant

Anything that has IVECO on the front should be thrown into the channel before it hits Dover. :angry:

Italian crap.

Better off with a DAF 45 with the ■■■■■■■ in it. Royal Mail used them for years.

Ken.

as far as i know a daf 45 runs a 6 cyl 6bt ■■■■■■■ a fine engine but comparing apples with oranges+ that thing weighs around 3/4 a ton!

anybody here with any ACTUAL experience of these iveco 92-98 3.9 turbo engines as fitted to eurocargo 75e14 pre electronic pump
im not talkinhg about dodgy wipers rust wobbly seats etc etc im talking about the engine and box

Never had a 75e14,but run several 75e15’s in the past.Run them all over Europe,never had an engine or gearbox problem…in fact never had an engine or gearbox problem on ANY Iveco I’ve owned.And I don’t buy new,usually 5-6 years old when I get them
Had a V reg on a night trunk for over 18 months,never broke down for any reason,only took it off because the trunk changed to an 18tonner.
Keep on top of the regular maintenance and you’ll be right.Lovely little trucks.And good payload too.

Only problem we ever had was the fuel lift pump on the O/S/F of the engine, ran off the camshaft and the pump arm used to snap, 2 13mm bolts and £35 later you were back on your way.