1980's Accessories and Stickers!

Firstly, if anyone has any old stickers or GB stickers from the late 70’s or early 80’s i’d happily buy them off you. Email me with any details or pics. Also looking for original flag strips for windscreens.

Now this leads to my thread. What items, stickers or accessories were a must for drivers of the beautifull Scania 141. Checking Ashleys 30 page thread 1 must is 1 or 2 triangle Les Routier stickers for the front corners of the bumper. What else were a must for trucks around 1980? Any pictures would be welcome. I have been restoring a 141 and its nealy ready for detailing, so all help will be much appreciated.

Imgur

You must get some Phaeng stickers. its the law

Nice looking 141. I can’t remember seeing one with a window in the nearside door before though :confused:
What about a pair of Michelin Men on the mirror arms ?

Any pics of the interior?

Ken.

some of the people who have 70s trucks (the essex international 141(s) etc) seem to have scanned an old Townsend Thoresson GB sticker and printed them onto vinyl, would think you’d struggle to find an original?

one late 70s early 80s must is a PB sticker from Lokeren tankwash IMO :sunglasses:

Phaeg stickers yea good thought. The window in the door was what us english call euro spec and were mainly sold in LHD ones. This scania was sold new to germany in Jan 1980 and i bought it from Greece 2 years ago. Some Astran Scannys had the little window their should be a mirror for the window too if its to be completely original. Interiour is not back in yet. but its what i’m struggling with most, i want some newer seats, the original ones were Bostrom Viking 300 & 301 if anyone knows of any. Glad you like it :smiley:

Not sure what the Lokeren Tank wash one looks like, have you got a pic anywhere? Have also been buying GB stickers off ebay. Got a nice DFDS Seaways one and an old Sealink one too.

jj72:
some of the people who have 70s trucks (the essex international 141(s) etc) seem to have scanned an old Townsend Thoresson GB sticker and printed them onto vinyl, would think you’d struggle to find an original?

one late 70s early 80s must is a PB sticker from Lokeren tankwash IMO :sunglasses:

<Kate goes into anorak mode>

Just found this,along with a load of unused paper work, for various border crossings, in the bottom of a briefcase that travelled europe with me, long long ago. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I need to get out more :blush: :blush:

im trying to buy those wavey hands to go in the windows of my lb’s.
any one got any??

Kate you star, would you sell it to me? :wink: :wink: :smiley: email me, bensheldrake @ hotmail .co.uk

I have these in my collection,but sorry,they aren’t for sale…

I am however negotiable on a genuine Scania King of the Road sticker that used to be seen on the rear of the dashboard,either the plain one or the Danish one with stars.These stickers were obtained from Scania Nederland and Scania Denmark.

I also have a pair of genuine Scania front wheel trims,with the old style Scania logo,which were fitted to a 111 I had,but someone has already made me an offer on them.

Wow KW excellent selection. Do you mind if i save them and get them reprinted here? Are they all about GB sticker size?

Mr 141:
Wow KW excellent selection. Do you mind if i save them and get them reprinted here? Are they all about GB sticker size?

Help yourself,if you want I can mail them to you full size.

Oh,and I forgot these…

Hi Mr 141 Fill yer wellies mate :smiley:

[anorak mode]

First up, a genuine Lokeren Tankwash sticker vintage 1983ish:
Real size 22cm diameter. (I can’t guarantee that the phone numbers will still work though… :wink: )

Next we have a genuine Seasink GB sticker from the same era:

[/anorak mode]

IIRC, almost every 141 I saw had the extra N/S passenger side mirror viewable through a special small window set low in the passenger door-- very handy. I seem to think it was a standard fitting, but remember that some people had removed the mirror and window and filled the space.
Why they’d get rid of a safety feature like that is beyond me. :smiling_imp:

I too have a bunch of old stickers, border forms and other docs, so is there any interest in having an “80’s Docs” post. :question:

That’s a really nice set of stickers KW, I remember every one of them. :smiley:

Great looking truck, but you must have an empty plastic Heinekin beer crate on your roof rack, to keep your ropes in.
Better still, take out the ropes and fill the crate up with full bottles of Grolsch.

mushroomman:
Great looking truck, but you must have an empty plastic Heinekin beer crate on your roof rack, to keep your ropes in.
Better still, take out the ropes and fill the crate up with full bottles of Grolsch.

Yes mushroomman, but did you forget the “official” TIR bucket that must hang from the front towing pin :question: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

You definitely need some RTL stickers, anyone recall the Prinzlinen ( I think they were called that) ferries to Hamburg ?

dieseldave:
every 141 I saw had the extra N/S passenger side mirror viewable through a special small window set low in the passenger door-- very handy. I seem to think it was a standard fitting, but remember that some people had removed the mirror and window and filled the space.
Why they’d get rid of a safety feature like that is beyond me.

Not that I ever did it but I can think of a couple of reasons.

1. A mirror that low down could wack pedestrians on the pavement, and,
  2. The ones I saw (not many admittedly) didn’t have a curtain on the inside - peeping tom alert. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

That little window was only on the left hookers, mainly on Dutch motors, it was probably something to do with cyclists. It wouldnt have been much use on a British truck, the passenger footwell was normally occupied by tool boxes, ropes etc. & it wouldnt have been much use if the roads were wet, it would have gone opaque within seconds.

THanks Diesel Dave great additions to my collection, i managed to but one of the Seasink ones of ebay not too long ago. Also KW thanks again for even more but yea if you can email them all to me full size, that’d be great and probably make things easier to copy. Email is bensheldrake@hotmail.co.uk

With all these stickers i think my side and rear windows will be rather full up already!!!

Keep them coming though people :smiley: