1980 / 90's Truck Magazines

Hi all, I am after a few old copies of trucking magazines froum around the 1980’s era. I’m not after any issues in particular, just maybe some duplicates etc you guys might have?

I am 15 and have quite alot of mags, but as I wasn’t around when trucking was ‘good’ so to speak, I would like to know abit more about it and get to know it abit more, I love Volvo F12 / 16’s etc etc so any mags with these in would be nice!

So if you have any duplicate copies or unwanted Trucking or Truck & Driver mags (I believe there was one called ‘TRUCK’?) from around the 80’s & early 90’s, please let me know! I don’t want anything specific, just anything I can get my hands on really, although April 1995 would be nice as I would like to see how the industry was when I was born. :laughing:

Cheers guys.

Try E-bay i got quite a few off there some months back . Somebody will have the ones you want at a reasonable price

6 years ago i dumped all my trucking mags down the incinerator, they went back to the 70’s, wish i still had em.

Benni:
(I believe there was one called ‘TRUCK’?) from around the 80’s & early 90’s,

youre going to make a lot of people on here feel very old saying things like that!! :laughing: :wink: :wink: (including me!)

I have Trucking International mags from '93 to today which are cluttering up my mums loft so if you want any of them i’m sure she will be glad to get rid of them. Let me know.

I used to buy them all when I started, there was Truck, Truck & Driver, Trucking International and Headlight, I had hundreds of them and I took them down to a boot fair one day and sold the lot for tuppence to some bloke who was taking HGV lessons that week. He was thrilled with his bargain.

kindle530:

Benni:
(I believe there was one called ‘TRUCK’?) from around the 80’s & early 90’s,

youre going to make a lot of people on here feel very old saying things like that!! :laughing: :wink: :wink: (including me!)

If it makes you feel old how do you think I feel, I was lucky enough to work on TRUCK mag, which in my completely unbiased view :laughing: is the best magazine ever :wink:

When I started at the magazine I re read every issue from the first one, which IIRC was Sept 74, so that I could get a feel for the magazine, well that was what I told the boss Andy Salter, I already knew what it was all about as I’d bought every issue myself, I just wanted to read through them all again and get paid to do it, now that as far as I’m concerned is the best job in the world :sunglasses:

Good luck in your search Benni, if you find any of the copies that I contributed to, I hope you like my stuff, I tried hard to carry on the tradition that the greats that went before me had started :wink:

if you can get someone to take you to truckfest p"boro theres a guy there with a market stall with just vintage mags,they were 2 or 3 for a pound i think,some even going beck to the 70"s.i buy a dozen every year

Big Rich, you have a PM. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Newmercman, I will certainly look out for them!

Europleb, will be at Truckfest this year, so will keep the old eyeballs pealed… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Cheers guys. :laughing:

Benni

You have a PM

Rich