1973 White Freightliner

A 4x4 automatic, and is it a crew cab or a sleeper?
One clue may or not be relevant, there is a bar near the 3rd door which could be a cantilever to push the seat forward and the back down and forward to make an acceptable bunk.
Thinking back to my rabbit hutch Atki at Econofreight not long after that I reckon I might have been pleased with this. :joy:

until a couple of yrs ago i used to see a later similar looking US model white freightliner running from Felixstowe to the US bases here in Suffolk. Im not sure why it was over here ,possibly owned by the supply squadron for picking up Amercan beef imported for the bases? .I do know they didnt buy british beef for many yrs after the mad cow epidemic

I thought they all used those weird looking day cab Jimmies.
Or should it be Gimmies?
No, of course not, that’s a call for a donation. :roll_eyes:

Fully freighted Freightliner.
Oily

Sorry for being pedantic, but Freightliner is a different brand to White, even though Freightliner is/was owned by White.
White went bust and was swallowed up by Volvo. Freightliner and Western Star ended up in Mercedes’ hands.
When White went belly up, an Australian Terry Peabody started building Western Star. The name was formerly a model of White and for all intents and purposes was still a Road Boss with different bonnet and badges.
Reo and Diamond were also aquired by White, becoming Diamond Reo. They were basically a White with a longer bonnet. Keep in mind, all of them were fully custom builds, so the name was simply a starting point.