1970s UK Public Information Film

1970s UK Public Information Film HGV reversing.

youtube.com/watch?v=D8CoZo0h-Uo

Brilliant :smiley:

upsets me watching old/nostalgic videos as were never getting back the good old days :frowning:

TruckDriverBen:
upsets me watching old/nostalgic videos as were never getting back the good old days :frowning:

I fully agree. When I retired people said don’t you miss truck driving and I reply I miss the old trucking not like it is today, it made it easer to retire. For me anyway :smiley:

That scenario did actually happen to me at least 3 times when I worked for the Cloggies and the Belgians.

Once when stopped in my home town by a local copper, trying to talk to me in his schoolboy French, and me answering him back in a obvious local accent. :smiley:

Once sat in a waiting room listening to 2 knob heads sat across from me in a waiting room , calling foreign drivers …(me :smiley: ) and thinking I didn’t understand as I sat quiet listening to them (their faces when I got up when tipped and said ‘See ya lads’’ in a English accent :laughing: )

Another time, getting dogs abuse by this prick when I couldn’t get an electronic gate open, who said '‘Oh sorry mate I thought you were foreign’ :neutral_face: (as if that excuses his abuse :unamused: ) after I reared up at him and told him to F. off. :imp:

Oh yeh… and passing a group of schoolkids in North East, one shouted ‘Ya German ■■■■’’ ,.I shouted back ‘‘I may be a ■■■■, son but I ain’t German’’ :smiley:

remy:

TruckDriverBen:

I fully agree. When I retired people said don’t you miss truck driving and I reply I miss the old trucking not like it is today, it made it easer to retire. For me anyway :smiley:

Nowadays they’d be filming him on their bloody phones,.waiting for him to ■■■■ up. :imp: :unamused:

Brilliant! And not a hi viz in sight :laughing:

Graham Stark from Wallasey
Used to hang around basking in reflected glory with the late great Peter Sellers who was well aware what a toadie (Sellers description) that Stark was
He was a renowned ■■■ pest with younger female cast members and offered career advancement in exchange for ■■■■■■ favours which never happened because this talentless creep was well known in the industry, everyone knew he was barely tolerated by Sellers only because he was the ■■■■ of endless humiliating jokes.
A thoroughly nasty little man by all accounts

I reckon that probably describes a lot of people from the entertainment industry of times gone by, such as Charles Hawtrey from the Carry On films, except he preyed on young males rather than young females

robroy:

remy:

TruckDriverBen:

Nowadays they’d be filming him on their bloody phones,.waiting for him to [zb] up. :imp: :unamused:

youtu.be/Ih5eXP3fvKU
There you go.
Rather than get his fat lazy arse out of his car and help the lad, he’d rather sit there filming him praying he ■■■■■ up to put a sensational vid on you tube…‘‘Trucker causes carnage whilst reversing’’.
Absolute ■■■■ wonker. :imp: , he wants that phone sticking out of his arse after it been placed up there with great force.

robroy:
There you go.
Rather than get his fat lazy arse out of his car and help the lad, he’d rather sit there filming him praying he [zb] up to put a sensational vid on you tube…‘‘Trucker causes carnage whilst reversing’’.
Absolute [zb] wonker. :imp: , he wants that phone sticking out of his arse after it been placed up there with great force.

Indeed. The only consolation is that at least now, anyone making a similar video can be done for using his phone behind the wheel, that should put a stop to this kind of thing (eventually).