19 suspected arrested

Driver also being held

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-be … s-33840559

Wonder if he/she`s got 38 grand in his/her secret biscuit tin for times such as this. :smiling_imp: Begs the questions - have they done it before? Brit or foreign driver/company? Also, what constitutes a “suspicious” lorry? Intriguing. Possibly looking at a stretch coming their way in view of the numbers involved?

Driver-Once-More:
Driver also being held

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-be … s-33840559

So they know where they are from will they be deported back to their country ?

Doubt the driver was involved except for his stupidity in not securing his trailer well enough but what is ‘well enough’ these days.The intriguing point
is what did the motorist SEE that had him call the police… a fridge trailer…question??.. did said motorist hang around once police turned up if not
…wonder why not.And yes I pull a fridge trailer,had them underneath never inside…yet.Seems perhaps someone knew they were in this vehicle and
wanted it stopped before it went too far north.

Polish truck driver wont give a [zb]. England is just another opportunity to [zb] in a layby. He will probably get bail and wont be seen ever again.

Joining the EU is proving to be one of the worst decisions this country has ever made.

According to LBC news, he was grassed up by another driver [reading between the lines], who obviously saw them being loaded :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink:

Stanley Mitchell:
According to LBC news, he was grassed up by another driver [reading between the lines], who obviously saw them being loaded :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink:

And paid . 18 Vietnamese didn’t get in any where near Calais. that was an arranged pick up

chester1:

Stanley Mitchell:

And paid . 18 Vietnamese didn’t get in any where near Calais. that was an arranged pick up

Yes, I forgot that bit…
No doubt a nice little earner, until you are caught :unamused:
Sounds like he was a bit too brazen with it…

eagerbeaver:
Polish truck driver wont give a [zb]. England is just another opportunity to sh*t in a layby. He will probably get bail and wont be seen ever again.

Joining the EU is proving to be one of the worst decisions this country has ever made.

and why would they or any other driver from any country other than the UK pay or give a zb as the UKBA dish out civil enforcement penalties So is a civil offence not criminal

Clandestine entrant civil penalty scheme - GOV.UK although the government likes to confuse the issue, a fine is a sentence from a court a civil penalty is issued by LA’s for parking ect and again by giving the UKBA powers of arrest

Civil penalties such as the ones doled out by the ukba’s Clandestine entrant civil penalty team By classing this as a civil offence the case if you appeal would be heard in the county courts

IMO it should be made into a criminal offence, that way drivers would be able to access legal aid and have trial by a jury( A right to a fair trial ) which is what the government have so far denied all those who have been taxed by UKBA which would require proof that the driver & company where negligent or complicit in importing illegal immigrants these are not migrants

So the next petition about this matter should be to change the law so that it becomes a criminal offence So drivers and hauliers can access the right to fair trial in the criminal courts, Then they would have to prove that someone had intentionally imported illegals or had not taken reasonable steps to prevent them accessing the load space area inside the trailer , if they are found hugging axles no penalty
And for those who where convicted by the courts the sentence could be a custodial one this would be a deterrent for our European friends who drive in this country , don’t forget wanted as a criminal they can extradite them, as things stand now unless the ukba seize the truck they ain’t gonna get paid in reality, is this happening maybe some FOI requests are needed to get this hidden info

1, How many foreign registered trucks are seized by UKBA for clandestine offences in order to secure full payment

2 ,How many civil penalties issued by ukba remain unpaid where the driver/company is from another EU country , and how many are uk registered companies and British drivers
3 How many drivers and or companies both in the uk and other eu countries have appealed the original penalties imposed
4, How many were successful at appeal to have the penalties reduced or withdrawn by the courts

On a different point we should be asking how many of those who where discovered as stowaways/ clandestine’s AKA illegal immigrants on board vehicles entering or those that had already entered the uk, where removed,AKA repatriated, Deported from the uk and how many are still here ?

I and many others i’m sure would like to know this , and would bet that more will be remaining than have been removed, proving perhaps the current system is not fit for purpose

tommy t:

eagerbeaver:
Polish truck driver wont give a [zb]. England is just another opportunity to sh*t in a layby. He will probably get bail and wont be seen ever again.

and why would they or any other driver from any country other than the UK pay or give a zb as the UKBA dish out civil enforcement penalties So is a civil offence not criminal

Clandestine entrant civil penalty scheme - GOV.UK although the government likes to confuse the issue, a fine is a sentence from a court a civil penalty is issued by LA’s for parking ect and again by giving the UKBA powers of arrest

Civil penalties such as the ones doled out by the ukba’s Clandestine entrant civil penalty team By classing this as a civil offence the case if you appeal would be heard in the county

IMO it should be made into a criminal offence, that way drivers would be able to access legal aid and have trial by a jury( A right to a fair trial ) which is what the government have so far denied all those who have been taxed by UKBA which would require proof that the driver & company where negligent or complicit in importing illegal immigrants these are not migrants

So the next petition about this matter should be to change the law so that it becomes a criminal offence So drivers and hauliers can access the right to fair trial in the criminal courts, Then they would have to prove that someone had intentionally imported illegals or had not taken reasonable steps to prevent them accessing the load space area inside the trailer , if they are found hugging axles no penalty
And for those who where convicted by the courts the sentence could be a custodial one this would be a deterrent for our European friends who drive in this country , don’t forget wanted as a criminal they can extradite them, as things stand now unless the ukba seize the truck they ain’t gonna get paid in reality, is this happening maybe some FOI requests are needed to get this hidden info

1, How many foreign registered trucks are seized by UKBA for clandestine offences in order to secure full payment

2 ,How many civil penalties issued by ukba remain unpaid where the driver/company is from another EU country , and how many are uk registered companies and British drivers
3 How many drivers and or companies both in the uk and other eu countries have appealed the original penalties imposed
4, How many were successful at appeal to have the penalties reduced or withdrawn by the courts

On a different point we should be asking how many of those who where discovered as stowaways/ clandestine’s AKA illegal immigrants on board vehicles entering or those that had already entered the uk, where removed,AKA repatriated, Deported from the uk and how many are still here ?

I and many others i’m sure would like to know this , and would bet that more will be remaining than have been removed, proving perhaps the current system is not fit for purpose

Someone recently did a freedom of information thing out of all the fines imposed only 7% went to UK hauliers and the vast majority of all fines have been paid by all ngationallitys

Did they not break the stats down in to countries ? Even so i think we drivers and hauliers should argue for a change in law, or the current system that is in place now to be overhauled (ie less in the favour of ukba) and i do not say that because i want more illegals in this country, but because the current system is both outdated and grossly unfair to drivers and hauliers who have done all that is reasonable to secure their vehicles against the attacks of illegal immigration

And the Government and UKBA need to grown a pair and specify exactly what is is they would like to see drivers and hauliers do in order to avoid any civil penalty if they are unable to do this in the fine detail needed to satisfy their criteria that a haulier or driver are not responsible for all illegals found then under the rights to a fair trial and British justice i do not see how the current penalties are legally enforceable

All grey areas have to become black or white it’s as simple as that when we are talking of penalties of up to £2000 per scum bag found in your trl, but if you don’t check, we driver and hauliers of course cannot prove short of 3rd party video evidence that we actually check /regularly check the trl for them . and they the ukba cannot prove we don’t do any checks regardless of paper log sheets with time date and place of checks made(they regard them as bs) or they would not still issue their rip off penalties
The following is not aimed at chester1 btw, but i think need some exposure ( oooh errh a bit a draughty ,lol)

So we need to fight this BS we need proper indisputable evidence perhaps is such a possibility? 3rd party security forces ?( that are vetted by ukba of course) and is such actually available for a lot less than the ukba penalties imposed ? if not then this again backs up the need for change, as a driver I’m not happy that the revenue raised by ukba is not 100% channelled back into better security measures and a deportation/repatriation programme instead of the money potentially my zb money being used to feed/clothe and house this IMO scum who in reality do jump the social housing ques, and also get free furniture ect , and a lot more than those who have lived here all their lives are able to access , no bs here . unfortunately for us it is fact,of course they will never admit this don’t for your sakes believe the government’s or its mouthpieces (some bias mainstream media) bs like many did on the run up to the last General election , if i could i would of voted for SNP in protest

Anyway do we have an update about this story have the 19 illegals been deported allowed to roam free in the hope that they will surrender themselves to a police stb at a later date (released on police bail without conditions) or will they just disappear into the off the official radar like many of thousands of others before them ,■■?

working for less than the national min (slave) wage paid by their gang masters, that only is helping keeping the average wages lower than they would be if they where not hear , then you have the similar effects of uncontrolled numbers of legal migrants from other eu countries, this government loves it

But for us tax payers it isnt really doing us any favours long term, take the NHS the saff we trained have left the nhs and even uk , why because the NHS are no longer paying a proper wage , so the agencies who supply foreign heath service workers( Surgeons DR’s consultants, nurses) are filling their boots , problems are that most patients cannot understand what they are saying to them, wtf is really going on here?

I could go on but is there really any point if you the people who have the power to make changes just sit back and say zb it i don’t care i’m not affected by any of this,
Well more fool you because one day the NHS may not be there for you to be affected by it , seriously you really don’t know what you have got until it’s gone, by then its too late, got that?