18T MGW around Victoria

Heading North from Vauxhall Bridge yesterday I came upto a 18 Ton MGW sign on the ring road. (it’s probably been there for years, but that was the fisrt time I’ve used that route in an Artic for about 15 years)
Does this apply the the ring road ? if so whats the best route from Vauxhall to Staples Corner. (44 tonner 14ft high)
I collected from near the Elephant & Castle & could’nt use Southwark or London bridges because that puts me right in the 7.5t area.

PS I still hate London !

Prayer to our Traffic Planner-
Please,Please,Please,Please,Please don’t send me down to the Smoke on Xmas Eve. (I wanna get home to Milton Keynes for Xmas ! & I’m out on the Juice in the evening :smiling_imp: )

you can go over london bridge,then do a left…it takes you back under the bridge and up towards the tower.personally,i prefer blackfriars for crossing the river.
turn right onto roseberry ave then left at the end which is a1 all the way out

Id go southern ring road & over Chelsea then left on embankment & earls court - shepherds bush- park royal-north circular-staples corner…

truckertang:
Id go southern ring road & over Chelsea then left on embankment & earls court - shepherds bush- park royal-north circular-staples corner…

I ended up going that way (not over Chelsea Bridge but along the Embankment) up to White City/A40 but the traffic heading west was Square wheeled so I turned right & went for the A41, not too bad until I hit Swiss Cottage & some Knob end decided to need an Ambulance & leave his/her car blocking the lane reducing the A41 to one lane & every Bloody Car driver blocking the exit over the POXY BOX Junction.
Thanks for your advice Guys. So Farringdon Street is not in Boris’s 7.5t zone ?

Sorry to keep asking all these questions but I used to Despatch Ride around the city in the early 80s & drive Artics during the 90s (I’ve recently changed jobs & it’s putting me back down in London so I’ve got to learn it all again)

I Hate London !!! :imp:

What penalty give if you cross bridge with low weigh limit.just penalty or point as well

Not sure if you get points but the fines can make you weep, :cry:
Here’s some of stories from a couple of newspapers-
A LORRY driver was ordered to pay more than £700 in fines and costs after being caught driving a 24-tonne vehicle across a weight-restricted bridge in Chipping Sodbury.
Karen Davies, of Lydney in the Forest of Dean, was seen driving the lorry over the bridge near the town’s parish church by a trading standards enforcement officer from South Gloucestershire Council.
Only vehicles up to 18 tonnes can be taken over the structure for safety reasons.
Davies pleaded guilty by post when her case was dealt with at North Avon Magistrates Court and she was fined £175, ordered to pay costs of £548.14 and pay a £15 victim surcharge.
Heather Goddard, the council’s executive member for community services, said: “Drivers of all vehicles should pay attention to weak bridge signs and HGV drivers should pay particular attention because weak bridges are more likely to affect them than the ordinary car driver.”
The council’s chief inspector of weights and measures, Andy Watson, said "Trading standards and the police enforce vehicle weight restrictions.
“Drivers not obeying weight prohibitions are likely to find themselves in front of magistrates to explain their circumstances.”

Published on Monday 14 August 2006 10:26
TWO lorry drivers have been fined for exceeding the weight limit on an historic Ripon bridge.
They were photographed flouting the restriction on Bondgate Bridge by officers from North Yorkshire County Council’s Trading Standards.
Tried in his absence at Harrogate Magistrates Court last Friday, Michael Field, 54, of Fordgate, Holmfirth, was fined 500, with 141, after he was caught driving his 38 tonne lorry over the bridge, which has a weight restriction of only 7.5 tonnes.
Also tried was Roy Hailstone, 35, of Manor Way, Barnsley, who was spotted driving his 18 tonne brewery wagon over the bridge. He was fined 400 with 150 costs.
The bridge, which spans the River Skell, was built in 1892 and is a popular local landmark.
The charges are the latest in a series of coups for North Yorkshire County Council’s Trading Standards’ ‘Keeping us on the Move’ campaign, which has seen dozens of truckers taken to court for weight restriction offences in the past year.
County Coun John Fort, executive member with responsibility for Trading Standards, said heavy lorries driving over weak bridges posed a real problem for the county council.
“Besides the obvious safety risks, heavy lorries damage the structure of bridges and the cost of repairs has to be met by the tax payer.
“Furthermore, bridges have to be closed whilst repairs are carried out and motorists are often faced with congestion or lengthy diversions,” he said.
“Hopefully, these cases will send a stark warning to those who habitually flout weight restrictions on our bridges.”
North Yorkshire County Council spends around 500,000 a year on bridge maintenance.
I also believe if you break the bridge or it falls down after they’ve got evidence/pic’s of you going over it, they can charge you & the company to rebuild it, so if you do drive over a weak bridge make sure you’ve got a spare million quid or you might loose your house !

Are you referring to the 18T limit heading north on vauxhall bridge road?

I think this is a temporary limit where northbound traffic has been diverted over a weak bridge around Victoria station due to building works.

You could cross on Westminster or Lambeth bridge, then Victoria, Park Lane then A1/41 at Marble Arch, this route will involve congestion charge though.

Waterloo is also viable, turn left at 12 o’clock on the Aldwych and follow up to and turn left on Euston Rd A40 then follow signs for A1/41, again involving congestion charge