18 TONNERS

Just a question im asking on behalf of someone else, does anyone have any experience of running 18 tonners? is there alot of work for that sized vehicle?

Regards
Aaron

Getting harder for rigids it all artics running round for backload rates or pallet networks now :cry:

I think most of the 18 tonners I see are own account fleets or on the delivery side of the pallet delivery services. .

I think due to the cost of buying and running an 18tn truck its becoming easier to run an artic unit with a single axle trailer then you get the best of both worlds artic unit + almost a small rigid for when needed

AaronR:
Just a question im asking on behalf of someone else, does anyone have any experience of running 18 tonners? is there alot of work for that sized vehicle?

Regards
Aaron

yes there is we are running 3 18 ton c/s to germany on a daily service also we are trying to get a contract with a major newspaper company for short night runs

w run a lot of 18t trucks. most days im in an 18t truck

18 tonners lost there way a bit when the taxation classes changed a few years ago as they are now about the same to tax as a 26 tonner
I changed myself a few years ago from a 16t to a 26t six wheeler as the running costs arnt much more if you go for a 6x2 rear lift, but if you want to load it up the payload may be half as much again which may help as things are at the moment
moose