17 week rolling average

Bit of a silly question. I haven’t been at my current job for 17 weeks yet how do they work out the average week for that or don’t they bother until you have worked 17 weeks.

It’s not a rolling average, it’s a fixed 17 or 26 week reference period. If you’re on a 17 week reference period you can work a total of 816hrs so just keep you going until you hit it seems to be how most companies handle it. Other than that the maths is simple, add up the hours from the start of the reference period and divide by whatever week you’re in so if you’ve done 250hrs and you’re at the end of week five then 250/5=50hrs.

Remember though that only driving and other work count for the hours so anything that is on break and PoA doesn’t. For many drivers, especially the fridge and container boys, it means they can still do 60+hrs a week duty time but keep within the 48hr average.

ok thanks, It was just something someone said to me as why my hours have suddenly dropped. Personaly I think they are just trying to share out the work as fairly as possible so me going onto general for a couple of days instead of doing my usual work robs someone else of their hours that is contracted to be on general.

I’d definitely say that they’re more likely to be sharing out whatever work they have.