17/26 week Reference period

Do these reference periods have set dates of which they start and end?..i.e. 1st Jan they start?

Reason I ask is because I’ve been given the login details for my account at Tachomaster so I can check on my average working time…but in order to do this I need to generate a report, but to generate a report I need to select dates. I just don’t know if I need to select the dates as the previous 17 weeks or if the dates are set :S

Hopefully that makes sense.

you get 3 choices with the reference period
1/ a fixed 17/26 week period on dates laid down by the authroties (i dont remember the dates)
2/ a roling 17/26 week period
3/ a fixed 17/26 week period on dates agreed with your employer

Right, ok then…so now the problem comes down to finding out what I’m bound by then :stuck_out_tongue:

Just had a conversation about this with an agency. I’m working as a limited co, so I maintain that my own company employs me and it’s up to me to keep a record and decide what kind of reference period to use. They said OK but they want to keep track of working hours for whatever reference period their working to, and their clients do as well. And other agencies do as well etc etc. I’m keeping to a 26 week rolling reference period, which should keep everyone happy.

You realise all this complexity is simply because at some point some Brussels gnomes needed to fill their time to justify their salaries?