16 weeks working

This was mentioned to me today at work
cause we work long hours dont do a lot of driving so dont know is it working time directive or tacho rules but was said after working 16 hours straight we have to take time off (not told how long)
we get our days off every week but lot of days can be 15 hour days etc
done a google search to see what this rule is about but cant find anything can someone enlighten me :slight_smile:

after working 16 hours straight we have to take time off

I should hope so!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
didnt mean like that
we get our weekly rest

What sort of job are you doing ? :confused:

Might help if you clarified what you meant…
How many hrs a day,
How many days a week,
etc

and if anyone DARES reply 24 and 7 then I really will kick the dog :exclamation:

without going into to much detail drive and wait around
usualy minimum 12 hours a day of which 2/3 is driving but usually max hours to 15 a day an odd time 18 or so
between 5 and 6 days a week working but again a odd time 7 days
every week is diff
but get paid per hour so it never bother s me how many hours i do

Huh?? Did you just say you do 18 hr days and sometimes 7 day weeks? Or am I reading it wrong?

From reading your other posts I imagined you’re on EU regulations ?

If you are then you shouldn’t be doing more than 13 hour spread-over which can be extended to 15 hours 3 times between weekly rest perods.

You cannot legally work more than 15 hour shifts on EU regulations.

The Rules on Drivers’ Hours and Tachographs may help :wink:

nedflanders:
without going into to much detail drive and wait around
usualy minimum 12 hours a day of which 2/3 is driving but usually max hours to 15 a day an odd time 18 or so
between 5 and 6 days a week working but again a odd time 7 days
every week is diff
but get paid per hour so it never bother s me how many hours i do

if you do any driving that comes under E.U. regs in any week you can only work a max 3 x 15hrs and 3 x 13hrs per week, then you must take your weekly rest.

you can’t work 7 days, as any days you don’t drive would be classed as other work, if you have already driven under E.U. regs during that week. and weekly rest must start after your 6th 24 hr period

to be exempt from wtd i think you have to drive less than 4hrs total in any given week, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:unamused: u reading it right biscuits

thanks tacho but its this 16 weeks rule which i never heard of and its not kinda company where u ask questions :unamused:

ok wildfire say i drive less then 4 hrs a week whats the 16 week thing

nedflanders:
:roll: u reading it right biscuits

thanks tacho but its this 16 weeks rule which i never heard of and its not kinda company where u ask questions :unamused:

ok wildfire say i drive less then 4 hrs a week whats the 16 week thing

its the reference period where they work out your 48 hrs average per week and i have just checked and it should be 17 weeks, but from what you have written if you use the correct mode i.e poa ect when waiting around you should fall well under the 48 hrs as the working time is only driving and other work, less poa’s and breaks,
just had another quick check and what i said about the 4hrs per week is incorrect, you have to work less than 10 days inscope if the reference period is less than 26 weeks, to be exempt from wtd sorry i got that wrong :blush: :blush:

so if u go over what time do you have to take off in order to reset it

Mate if you’re working 2 to 3 hours a day under EU regulations and working the hours you say then the WTD is the last thing you need to bother about :laughing:

nedflanders:
so if u go over what time do you have to take off in order to reset it

48 x 17 = 816hrs so however many hours you have gone over the 816 in the reference would need to be taken off. but to be honest the last thing i heard from vosa about it was, that they are going to take a soft approach about enforcement, and it would be advise given to people about getting it right, and not prosecution. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

and as tacho said i wouldn’t worry about it either, its going to be one of those rules that vosa are going to find very hard to police effectivley :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

but the 18 hr days might be a bit hard to explain :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

You still on the old taxis Ned ?

hi big truck no gave up taxi s a good few years ago
but my post was wrong what i meant to say was 16 week s not hours
but today was told its as after 17 weeks working as self employed for the same company they then have to start paying paye for you

Yep you can’t be self employed and drive for the one company all the time need your fingers in a few pies!

correct me if im wrong and i know you will but if you get a block 3hr break in every day, am i right in saying you can do 6x15hrs a week

truckerone:
correct me if im wrong and i know you will but if you get a block 3hr break in every day, am i right in saying you can do 6x15hrs a week

No, I’m sorry but that’s not correct.

If you have 3 consecutive hours rest during the shift you can do a 15 hour spread-over 6 times in a week :wink: