16 reg

Who will be posing around in the new shiny motors on Tuesday ■■?

Not me will not be posing in my 58 plate

We have one turning up soon to be the new unit for our firms motorbike racing team trailer.

Volvo’s dealership next to our Avonmouth depot has been rammed with units waiting for the new plate including the bike unit.

Im still rocking it in my 2006 beast ha, and when thats not available we have units that go all the way back to 1988 available.

I won’t be rocking in one until 2nd week of March :neutral_face: until then I’m slumming it in my 2009 Scania p180 (think it’s lost around 50bhp over the years)

Not me I’m stuck with a 2008 MAN

alix776:
Not me will not be posing in my 58 plate

+1 and don’t bother asking next year either

Im quite happy in my 14 plate T520.

Next year though, i think theyll all be going back. So maybe then.

Hopefully be rolling round in a new renault in the next couple months been told we getting 3new ones over next couple months but im quite happy rolling round in my 57 plate daf xf with a proper mannual box but wouldnt say no to a new truck

BTS, I saw the Scania Tractor units parked up on Trafford park on tuesday.

new motors are nice but having them is stressful,watching every little thing you do[I know your supposed to anyway] so you don’t scratch it,governor allways checking in the first 3 months for any damage,worrying about other drivers getting too close when reversing beside you,etc,be too much for me I have a 14 plate which I am happy with

Concretejim:
Im quite happy in my 14 plate T520.

Next year though, i think theyll all be going back. So maybe then.

4x2 with skirts? Would like one of these what’s it like?

Happy with my 14 plate Isuzu but like most I won’t say no to a new one of for once one with no previous drives :smiley:

I will be but it’ll be a new car instead of a new unit

What’s the big thing about new motors,it’s not yours it belongs to the boss,I’ve had loads of new motors forced onto me when I would have quite happily stayed on something older and not having to worry about the slightest scratch.

Anybody else hate each new generation of lorry, or rather the dumbing down ■■■■■■■■ foisted onto each new range.

Give me a new motor but of 90’s design anytime…the pinnacle of robust simple durable vehicle design, you can poke the latest offerings where the sun don’t shine…and the same goes for cars, too much crap to go wrong now.
I’ll get another new lorry in about 2 years, it’ll no doubt have lane departure and adapative cruise, maybe an electric parking brake, it’ll have the latest updates to a hardly fit for purpose dumb it down to lowest denominator gearbox, plus whatever else pointless ■■■■■■■■ they can dream up to give the things lots more to go wrong in the meantime and to detract from any small pleasures there might be left in lorry driving.

All intended with each step to make the vehicle ever nearer to self driving and the eventual replacement of the driver.

So no i won’t be welcoming it when the time comes no matter how pretty or futuristic it might be…just hope it’s like the present one and i can at least turn the too camp by miles fairy DRL’s off.
Fortunately it’ll probably be my last regular lorry, thankful for small mercies… :sunglasses:

It’s fine having all this stuff I just wish the dam office would use the technology we have trackers but the girls in the office don’t have access to it so still ting us 4 times a day for an update on where they are

Juddian:
Give me a new motor but of 90’s design anytime…

So that’ll be a Scania R series then… :laughing: :laughing:
Our newest is 65 plate but that’ll be the last new ones under Yusen, though the rumours have is that this Nissin lot we’re allegedly TUPEing (and still nobody has told us what’s happening :neutral_face: ) have ordered 50 new units and trailers…

Might get a go in a 16 plate in about ten years time. Our boss seems to wait until they’re over ripe before picking up the odd dog eared chariot.

We’ve had a bunch of new 65 plate billy bob basic Scania units arrive last week. Nasty looking things.

bobbya:
What’s the big thing about new motors,it’s not yours it belongs to the boss,I’ve had loads of new motors forced onto me when I would have quite happily stayed on something older and not having to worry about the slightest scratch.

Maybe if you’re on a large fleet that changes their motors for more new fleet spec trucks on a 3 year cycle it might not be a bit deal, but if you’ve worked for small companies and been used to driving older trucks that have been through the hands of many drivers, then a new truck is quite a big deal, especially if you also get a say in what you get.