16.5ft trailer

Just saw a Warburtons wagon double decker 16.5ft didn’t know they did them that high I mean I know they car transporters are that size but not seen a decker that bib wouldn’t fancy driving that through a town center unless there solely used for distribution centers

scally2:
Just saw a Warburtons wagon double decker 16.5ft didn’t know they did them that high I mean I know they car transporters are that size but not seen a decker that bib wouldn’t fancy driving that through a town center unless there solely used for distribution centers

Handy for tree pruning.

Wrong thread…

I’ve seen 16’ 6’’ trailers - even had the pleasure of driving one one night whilst working for an agency.

scally2:

Are you a driver ■■? :unamused: or just a wannabe :open_mouth:

What difference does it make town or distribution centres…

ezydriver:
I’ve seen 16’ 6’’ trailers - even had the pleasure of driving one one night whilst working for an agency.

Which is 16.5 feet.

Well for a start you won’t be going under many bridges in a town center most are at least 15ft and for the record driven the 16 ft double deckers just wouldn’t fancy driving one as tall bad enough with normal ones and as it happens lowest we take are 15ft 5 just more things to think about as if we dont have enough to think about ffs can’t you have a winge on here without being slated for it thought we were all in the same job.

scally2:
Well for a start you won’t be going under many bridges in a town center most are at least 15ft and for the record driven the 16 ft double deckers just wouldn’t fancy driving one as tall bad enough with normal ones and as it happens lowest we take are 15ft 5 just more things to think about as if we dont have enough to think about ffs can’t you have a winge on here without being slated for it thought we were all in the same job.

not having a winge mate or slating anyone but your little bit don’t exctly hold up does it then you follow up with most are at least 15ft …
Most company’s Because your driving a DD will have a route sorted and them that don’t well that’s where becoming a driver comes into being a driver ie working your route out , no different to carrying a load of timber on a flatbed that’s 16ft odd high it comes down to the driver sorting his / her route out .

that’s part of the difference of being a driver or a steering wheel attendant .
And no were not all in the same job… you have your part timer that does building work or taxi work to supplement their income that help push down the wage for the driver who only does driving ( trucking) as a full time or only income living …

Tesco send double deckers into town centre stores… Scary! lol

nick2008:

scally2:

not having a winge mate or slating anyone but your little bit don’t exctly hold up does it then you follow up with most are at least 15ft …
Most company’s Because your driving a DD will have a route sorted and them that don’t well that’s where becoming a driver comes into being a driver ie working your route out , no different to carrying a load of timber on a flatbed that’s 16ft odd high it comes down to the driver sorting his / her route out .

that’s part of the difference of being a driver or a steering wheel attendant .
And no were not all in the same job… you have your part timer that does building work or taxi work to supplement their income that help push down the wage for the driver who only does driving ( trucking) as a full time or only income living …

How does a part timer drive wages down?

098Joe:
How does a part timer drive wages down?

I’m talking the guy that has a full time job in the week IE taxi driver, teacher, builder that works full time in the week then works all weekend … fella …

If you think about it that would take a lot of drivers off the agency allowing drivers to pick that would or could improve weekend rates .

Some agency’s have started moving rates up due to drivers natural wastage ie not doing the DCPC as they only drive to top up pensions etc…so they are expecting a shortfall of drivers.

Snowgo:

ezydriver:

Which is 16.5 feet.

I know it is.

ezydriver:

Snowgo:

ezydriver:

Which is 16.5 feet.

I know it is.

That the problem using feet with a metric mixed in how many people say 16.75feet :wink:

I fall into 2 of these replies.
I do the odd weekend shift for Warburtons through an agency and I fail to see how I’m driving down rates. Why shouldn’t I do the odd shift to supplement my income? Or do you think I should leave it for anyone who drives full time?
Warburtons DD trailers only move product from one bakery to another across the UK. Bread is delevered to customers with their fleet of class2 vehicles. Routes are almost pre approved and pretty easily accessible from motorways and major routes.

You cant earn extra money as nick the master big rig driver looks down on you for it

Theres a couple of times when I’ve sorted a route only for a diversion in place and their not always correct!

nearly there:
You cant earn extra money as nick the master big rig driver looks down on you for it

sorry to disappoint fella I’m a driver I’m not worried about size as a lot of drivers are.
done 20 odd years on agency as my only source of income. as I said I would drive all sorts car, van, 7.5t it didn’t matter so master big rig driver na just a DRIVER earning a living or trying to

Place I once worked had Flatbeds loaded to 16’6"
Reguarly ran them into London.

trubster:
Tesco send double deckers into town centre stores… Scary! lol

So does wilkos… dont see a problem as long you dont hit bridges.

Clunk:
Place I once worked had Flatbeds loaded to 16’6"
Reguarly ran them into London.

I bet you breath in when you see a bridge coming,is there any drag or whoosh with it being so tight :question: :question: