16"2 Keyfuels, help please!

I’ve got myself a new job fulltime, finally got off agency work (i didn’t like it) it’s driving the deckers doing store deliveries around the country. Last friday I had a hell of a time finding a filling station that accepted keyfuels only and could fit 16"2 trailer underneath.

I went to one service station which was 4.8m max height, I didn’t know the conversion to feet (I do now!) but my trailer scratched the ceiling, luckily I just traded paint as the front of the trailer has an angle where it gradually gets higher, gave my details and reversed back out. Went to another station, 4.9m max height, I fit under there, but then the guy wouldnt accept a keyfuels card. So went onto my trucknav to find a keyfuels site, and it took me to a minor road where no station existed, I had to jacknife the wagon out from a builders merchant carpark, luckily it was 6am so no cars were parked in there. Anyway, I had half a tank and I packed in and went back to base as I already wasted an extra hour of drive time looking for a filling site.

Back in today for the start of the week and I’m going to have to fill up at some point in the night, can anybody give me the best ways to find a double deck accommodating keyfuels site, or tell me the best ones between newcastle upon tyne and the doncaster/sheffield/stockton/teesport areas? I’m pretty sure wetherby will be a good place, but thats roughly 90 miles from home base, so need to be more efficient at finding sites close to home/deliveries and DC’s.

Oh also, I have an adblue tank, but no gauges in the Scania (R440, manual 3/3 hi-lo plus range split) to tell me the levels, does this mean the adblue tank is not hooked up to the fuel system so I don’t need to use it?

I can’t help you with your area, but remember if push comes to shove you can always drop the trailer round the corner and pick it up again, i had to do this sometimes during fuel shortages when i drove artic car transporters which could only be dropped when empty, handy that :unamused: , not through height most of the time it was cos only little out the way keyfuels garages had any fuel and you get in.

I have nothing but bad memories of bloody keyfuels, sods law dictates when all you have is a keyfuels card you also have a single smalley fuel tank so sometimes filling twice a day, great.

This question would be better on the main forum mate, going to find more drivers there with overheight stuff that will have learned where to go.

To check adblue level on the right hand steering wheel keypad, press the right arrow twice, and then scroll up or down until you get an Adblue % reading on the screen in front of you.

You know what that’s some great solid advice, thanks! I would never have thought to drop the trailer off to be honest, now I’ll keep that as an option although I’m not sure if my company would be happy me doing that if the trailer still had store product loaded on there, the return trip should be fine though as its all empties and recycling.

I agree, I still don’t fully understand keyfuels, I’ve been used to BP/UK Fuels, and I never had a problem finding them when I was on the single decks and class 2’s.

From what I’ve heard Keyfuels is Jet?

F-reds:
To check adblue level on the right hand steering wheel keypad, press the right arrow twice, and then scroll up or down until you get an Adblue % reading on the screen in front of you.

Thank you!

as above,

experienced DD warriors drop the trailer somewhere close to the station (or just somewhere around the station) and fill up solo. Also key fuels has a nice mobile app, you might wish to have it on your phone. I do have it.

Priest:
as above,

experienced DD warriors drop the trailer somewhere close to the station (or just somewhere around the station) and fill up solo. Also key fuels has a nice mobile app, you might wish to have it on your phone. I do have it.

I do wish I had the app, unfortunately Windows Phone doesn’t support it, as usual! Time to upgrade to the superior Android!

There are two truck stops just off the the M1 that do Keyfuels which are close to you, Junction 29 (Chesterfield) and Junction 23 (Shepshed) - neither have canopies to worry about.

Airtrooper719:

Priest:
as above,

I do wish I had the app, unfortunately Windows Phone doesn’t support it, as usual! Time to upgrade to the superior Android!

I used to be in your boat mate, and changed to android as while I liked the windows phone the app support is crap! :imp:
As I suspect you already know you can go on to the keyfuels website and do a search there, but this won’t show you whether there is a height restriction… :cry:

I found that keyfuel support was patchy and there wasn’t much logic to it. Some Esso & Texaco stations took it, and some didn’t. :confused:
What i did learn was that I didn’t find a single Shell that took it! :laughing:

I’m not in your area so can’t help, but best of luck mate and I feel your pain…

Filling station at Newton Aycliffe is a key fuels station and also Bradbury filling station, think on the 695 though not sure about the heights

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Sorry …689!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

There is an app on your phone you can download if you have access to a phone that is. That’s what i do or ask the previous driver if he’s still around that is lol [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ask some of the other lads you work with they might know somewhere close to your yard you can fill up, and ask your office they might have a preffered site, we have a keyfules site 30 mins away from us and one a hour and 15 away, and they preffer us to fill at the further one for some reason.

Some BP garages accept keyfuels aswell, the ones ran by eurogarages