15H day question

Hi

Just wonder if there is clear explenation when 15H day is 15H day, I know you allowed to do 3 x15H days in week but just wonder after what H is count as 15H is after 11H work 12 H work, I did ask few drivers about but not one had the anwser or maybe there is no answer.

15 hours from the start of your shift whether you have done 1 hour or 10 hours driving.

let me explaint this beter

monday 5.00 - 17.00 12h
tuesday 5.00 - 14.00 9h
wednesday 5.00- 20.00 15h
thursday 5.00 - 20.00 15h
friday 5.00 - 20.00 15h

now thats 3x15h days but the question is there rule saying that if you work over 9h is count as 15h day I’m not asking about driving ect.

malenki22:
Hi

Just wonder if there is clear explenation when 15H day is 15H day, I know you allowed to do 3 x15H days in week but just wonder after what H is count as 15H is after 11H work 12 H work, I did ask few drivers about but not one had the anwser or maybe there is no answer.

You’re looking at it the wrong way mate as there’s nothing in the regulations about a 15 hour day.

During the 24 hour period from the start of a shift you must have a daily rest period of 11 hours this can be reduced to no less than 9 hours three time between weekly rest periods.
If you deduct the 9 hours from the 24 hour period this leaves you a total shift spread-over of 15 hours (15 hour shift + 9 hours daily rest = 24 hours).

Any time that you’ve had less than 11 hours daily rest in the 24 hour period from the start of shift is a reduced daily rest, for instance if you have a daily rest period of 10 hours and 59 minutes it would count as a reduced daily rest period or what you’re calling a 15 hour day.

Try to look at it from the point of view of what daily rest period is required rather than a 15 hour or 13 hour day.

Feel free to post back about anything you’re not sure about :wink:

Thanks Tachograph that explains all, never did look the other way.

malenki22:
let me explaint this beter

monday 5.00 - 17.00 12h
tuesday 5.00 - 14.00 9h
wednesday 5.00- 20.00 15h
thursday 5.00 - 20.00 15h
friday 5.00 - 20.00 15h

now thats 3x15h days but the question is there rule saying that if you work over 9h is count as 15h day I’m not asking about driving ect.

No mate the rule states that if you have less than 11 hours daily rest within the 24 hour period from the start of shift it’s a reduced daily rest period :wink:

For instance if on Wednesday you started at 05:00 and finished at 18:05 you would have done a shift of 13 hours and 5 minutes but because you can only fit into the 24 hour period from the start of shift a daily rest period of 10 hours 55 minutes it’s a reduced daily rest period.

edit:

malenki22:
Thanks Tachograph that explains all, never did look the other way.

That’s not good for a driver :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

You’re welcome :wink:

malenki22:
Just wonder if there is clear explenation when 15H day is 15H day,

There is. Any time you take a reduced rest that is one of your ‘15’s’.

Example.

Start 06:00
Finish 07:00
Rest 9 hours
Start 16:00

That’s a one of those 15’s people talk about even though your shift was only 1 hour.

am i right in saying that you can reduce daily rest to nine hours 3 times a week with no need to compensate ?

bjd:
am i right in saying that you can reduce daily rest to nine hours 3 times a week with no need to compensate ?

Not quite :wink:
You can reduce daily rests to nine hours 3 times between weekly rest periods with no need to compensate :slight_smile:

so if you work mon to fri you can reduce 3 times a week withour compensating as long as you have the corect weekly rest thxs

bjd:
so if you work mon to fri you can reduce 3 times a week withour compensating as long as you have the corect weekly rest thxs

YES

Only reduced weekly rests need compensating