15 plate Daf CF night heater not working

I don’t night out but bollox am I sitting in the cold. Can’t get the night heater to kick in on this CF. The switch on the dash turns green but there is no light on the back wall and no sign of life from the heater itself. I tried listening for clicking but the traffic is too noisy. I have used this truck before and had the heater running so I’m not sure what’s going on.

Try turning up the thermostat on the panel by the bunk.

This works…

youtube.com/watch?v=mn3hfspWNRM

SEDriver:
Try turning up the thermostat on the panel by the bunk.

First thing I tried, didn’t work.

Leave the engine running and put the cab heater on,if your still cold put another coat on

lolipop:
Leave the engine running and put the cab heater on,if your still cold put another coat on

^^^^^ very good advice actually. It’s 2016 now and there’s no excuse for a driver to get an interrupted and poor nights sleep because of an easily remedied fault. You can bet that your manager would fix the central heating in his house should it break down.

Using the 10 litre night heater all night will also focus their minds onto fixing the proper night heater too.

I’m a night man now but they take the keys away when on the bay so can’t leave the engine running. This morning when I got back with it I spoke to the compliance guy and he said he would have it looked at this weekend and he’ll ask for a different unit for me tonight. I did find two wires that had been pulled from the fuel pump so that might be why its not working.

Ooops didn’t notice you had solved it

the maoster:

lolipop:

^^^^^ very good advice actually. It’s 2016 now and there’s no excuse for a driver to get an interrupted and poor nights sleep because of an easily remedied fault. You can bet that your manager would fix the central heating in his house should it break down.

Using the 10 litre night heater all night will also focus their minds onto fixing the proper night heater too.

Radar originally said he did not do nights out so interrupted or poor nights sleep don`t come into it,at that point there was no mention of being a night man.