15 minute break

My supervisor at work pulled me in because I took my first 15 minute break about an hour after starting my day’s work.

He says that the 15 minute break was “too early in the day, and that a break does not count in the first 90 minutes of duty”.

Obviously I took the other 30 mins before 4.5 hrs driving and before 6 hours work.

This is a new one on me, can anyone help please?

Your supervisor is a trumpet of the highest order, please tell him I said so, and he shouldn’t be supervising anything. You can take a break after 1 minute of work for the WTD and 1 minute of driving for the tacho rules. There is no other minimum period before a break can be taken.

Here are the regulations, take him a copy and ask him to show you where it states this. He won’t be able to.

I wonder if he has told you that you must have 30 minutes break for the WTD before exceeding 6 hours work? If so he will no longer be a trumpet and will have been elevated to complete ■■■■. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks very much for that. You’re right he is a trumpet. He wanted me to sign an infringement form for it. Will be taking it to TM first thing tommorow!

rp1974:
… I took my first 15 minute break about an hour after starting my day’s work.

Obviously I took the other 30 mins … before 6 hours work.

I could be reading this differently than what you intended so excuse if I say what you already know…

Another 15 mins for the RT(WTD)R would need to be taken at or before 6 hours of WORK (driving + other work) from the end of the first 15 min break

ROG:

rp1974:
… I took my first 15 minute break about an hour after starting my day’s work.

Obviously I took the other 30 mins … before 6 hours work.

I could be reading this differently than what you intended so excuse if I say what you already know…

Another 15 mins for the RT(WTD)R would need to be taken at or before 6 hours of WORK (driving + other work) from the end of the first 15 min break

Yes ROG, but you’ve edited out the 4.5 hour driving bit so you are probably reading it differently. :unamused: :unamused: He said he took 30 minutes before 4.5 hours driving and 6 hours work which he would need for the driving, it would also do for the WTD and would likely clear him of breaks for the day.

I’ve already asked him if his supervisor has come out with the 30 minute thing and as soon as I read that line last night I though to my self, ROG will be all over that like a rash.

Coffeeholic:
If so he will no longer be a trumpet and will have been elevated to complete ■■■■. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Dont you just love the way Coffee puts things :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I started work at 6am, had a 15 minute break at 6.55am. then had a further 30 minutes break at 11.45am (by this point had done 3.50 minutes driving) before finishing work at 2.30pm.

The issue my supervisor had was solely with me having 15 minute break early in the shift, he insisted that breaks do not count until after 90 minutes of work!

I have had a long “discussion” with him, and involved TM, and coffeholic’s diagnosis of him being a “trumpet” has been confirmed!

rp1974:
I have had a long “discussion” with him, and involved TM, and coffeholic’s diagnosis of him being a “trumpet” has been confirmed!

Good news. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses:

ROG:
I could be reading this differently …

The first two lines of the OP seem to suggest that you’re correct in what you said in the part I’ve quoted. :smiley:

:laughing: That’s assuming that ‘differently’ (in ROG language) has the same meaning as ‘wrongly’ in normal English. :laughing: