15 min check

This lady driver does a walk round in less than 10.
Start at 1.30.
youtube.com/watch?v=ojInWdxwlFI

SWEDISH BLUE:
This lady driver does a walk round in less than 10.
Start at 1.30.
youtube.com/watch?v=ojInWdxwlFI

Whats wrong with that, even 5 minutes is fine, although I have to do 15 because of company policy.

Get a F ing life :unamused: :unamused:

^^^^
If this is directed at me, I already have a life!
Just thought it might bring a smile to some people, but evidently not you :smiley:

Would of been quicker if she wasn’t explaining everything she was looking out for to the camera man.
I think 2 minutes is more than enough time to do a walk around on a truck and trailer if you have the same combo all the time.

weeto:
Would of been quicker if she wasn’t explaining everything she was looking out for to the camera man.
I think 2 minutes is more than enough time to do a walk around on a truck and trailer if you have the same combo all the time.

End of the day, you can do a visual check and be done inside 5 minutes, you are not a mechanic, as long as tyres, lights and damage is good and fluids are checked carry on… to many people, are scared of authorities … your not mechanic, hence you do a check and report defects. … if it has a bald tyre refuse to take truck on road simple.

Last place I worked . Was happy to take on youngsters new drivers.
And every morning thed do there checks. Then sit there on there phones waiting for 15 mins to pass.
Asked why they all said similar thing…it’s the law it what we got told during our training.
We have to show at least 15 mins of work to prove we did our checks.
End day as long as you have some time recorded then it takes as long as it takes.
If your in a dedicated truck permanently then obv won’t be as long as if your in a different truck every day

Hi several of the places that i go to insist on 15 mins for unit and 15 mins for trailer which is imo excessive the check list they give you is quite extensive but easy/quick to check alot of it i have pointed out that its not possable to check the load with the doors sealed and a tir cord in place and when i asked to break the seal was told thats against company policy. so thats a can of worms waiting to happen
also does anybody else unclip and lift the rear mudguards to check the tead on the unit inner tyre i got into the habit of doing that a longtime ago

we sometimes have a man at the gatehouse checking some of the trucks going out…this morning one driver was spoken to as he hadn’t put the dog clip in place :open_mouth: he was lucky he got the ‘right’ man,because the other guy would have turned him around and probably faced a disciplinary.

You could do a daily walk around in a few minutes, but, if you don’t show 15 minutes some download programs will flag it as an infringement!!!

Useful to be honest…5 min walk around and then 10 mins greasing the binders, sorting out your straps and then arranging the chains neatly on the headboard. :smiley:

Yeah my place wants 15 mins for unit and another 15 for each subsequent trailer. In reality it takes much less time but they pay the money for it so… crack on.

And they do monitor it. My unit was parked on red cross no parking box markings right in an area where tailswing is a fair hazard so I just got in ine morning, put my card in and moved it to what I deemed a safer place to get out an walk around and got pulled in for it, no drama, just an explanation and an “ah yeah fair enough” but it shows they do check.

Notimetoulouse:
also does anybody else unclip and lift the rear mudguards to check the tead on the unit inner tyre i got into the habit of doing that a longtime ago

Just raise the air suspension to its max height.

We’re given 30 minutes for checking vehicle, trailer and load security and if you’re doing it properly you’ll take much of that due to checking you’ve 15 straps and ratchets in the unit and making up any shortfall, opening both curtains and making sure all the internal straps the loaders have put on are tight enough and there’s no shrink wrap hanging off the sides. Of course it can be done quicker if you choose to just do up all the curtain buckles but you can spot those who have by the hooks from the internal straps and shrink wrap hanging out the sides.

Notimetoulouse:
Hi several of the places that i go to insist on 15 mins for unit and 15 mins for trailer which is imo excessive the check list they give you is quite extensive but easy/quick to check alot of it i have pointed out that its not possable to check the load with the doors sealed and a tir cord in place and when i asked to break the seal was told thats against company policy. so thats a can of worms waiting to happen

Great so it’s against company policy to fulfill a drivers legal requirement to check the load before going on the road??

When I worked at ForFarmers, they instigated a system whereby daily checks were done via a phone app.

Can’t remember the exact criteria, but if you did them too quickly the app alerted the “driver trainer”, AKA “manager’s dogsbody”.

Sidevalve:
When I worked at ForFarmers, they instigated a system whereby daily checks were done via a phone app.

Can’t remember the exact criteria, but if you did them too quickly the app alerted the “driver trainer”, AKA “manager’s dogsbody”.

Freightroute do that, you also have to take a photo of your load fully strapped… :confused:

Freightroute do that, you also have to take a photo of your load fully strapped… :confused:
[/quote]
Hi Shephen,

Do they expect you to use your own phone and data for this?

Not sure how I would feel about that if it was the case.

Also I am pretty sure there is some old skool chaps out there with basic non smart phones

blue estate:
Get a F ing life :unamused: :unamused:

I am sure it was meant as a joke since she is doing walk round checks on a flipping Boeing 777 , what is wrong with some of you lately?? :open_mouth:

I thought you might be interested in planes since I seen you hanging around Birmingham Airport a few weeks ago :wink:

spike78:

Hi Shephen,

Also I am pretty sure there is some old skool chaps out there with basic non smart phones
[/quote]
You don’t use your own phone, you are given a phone, which has an app on it for Proof Of Delivery, which customers sign, but also the app for doing your vehicle checks, it gives you a list which you have to tick off, or mark as a defect and at the end you have to take two photographs one from the near side and one from the offside of your load strapped.

Stephenjp:

spike78:

Hi Shephen,

You don’t use your own phone, you are given a phone, which has an app on it for Proof Of Delivery, which customers sign, but also the app for doing your vehicle checks, it gives you a list which you have to tick off, or mark as a defect and at the end you have to take two photographs one from the near side and one from the offside of your load strapped.
[/quote]
On my last day when it asked for a photo I took a selfie instead :laughing: