15 hrs a day how many?

Ok right having this argument over a long time now and im probably wrong but here goes. 144 hrs a working week from the end of a weekly rest period of 45 or 24 this may be a thurs or monday etc etc ok in this 144 hrs you can only do 3x15 hr days or 3x9hr breaks or any combination ie 1x9 or 2x15 it adds to the same only 3. So i started my shift on thurs morning say 0600 i work for 3x 13 hrs then have 11hrs rest simple ■■ then do 3 x 15hrs ending my week of work on tues have a 24 or 45 then start again!!! can i do another 3 x 15 hrs being that means i will have done 6 x 15hrs in the same week apart from the 24 or 45 hr break in the middle of these shifts ? i say you can as you have a weekly rest of 45 or reduction to 24 etc and so start a fresh 144 hrs working week as a few mates of mine say and still say that it all starts from midnight sun but i say yes but only the driving time and not the working time ? see can anyone educate me please many thanks im sure im right :smiley:

It is legally possible to have 6 reduced daily rests in one fixed week

A weekly rest resets the 3 max limit

Fixed weeks have nothing to do with reduced daily rests

Rockgunner:
Ok right having this argument over a long time now and im probably wrong but here goes. 144 hrs a working week from the end of a weekly rest period of 45 or 24 this may be a thurs or monday etc etc ok in this 144 hrs you can only do 3x15 hr days or 3x9hr breaks or any combination ie 1x9 or 2x15 it adds to the same only 3. So i started my shift on thurs morning say 0600 i work for 3x 13 hrs then have 11hrs rest simple ■■ then do 3 x 15hrs ending my week of work on tues have a 24 or 45 then start again!!! can i do another 3 x 15 hrs being that means i will have done 6 x 15hrs in the same week apart from the 24 or 45 hr break in the middle of these shifts ? i say you can as you have a weekly rest of 45 or reduction to 24 etc and so start a fresh 144 hrs working week as a few mates of mine say and still say that it all starts from midnight sun but i say yes but only the driving time and not the working time ? see can anyone educate me please many thanks im sure im right :smiley:

No offence intended but that was [zb]ing hard to read :frowning:

Anyway to answer your question, yes you can have 6 reduced daily rest periods in a week if you have a reduced weekly rest period after three reduced daily rest periods.

Some drivers find it confusing as some rules are for fixed weeks and others for between weekly rests

ROG:
Some drivers find it confusing as some rules are for fixed weeks and others for between weekly rests

I could have had some real FTFY fun re-wording this, but let’s just say the list of converts grows once anybody starts to properly read what’s actually written. This includes reading all the definitions. :wink:

dieseldave:

ROG:

I could have had some real FTFY fun re-wording this, but let’s just say the list of converts grows once anybody starts to properly read what’s actually written. This includes reading all the definitions. :wink:

Got to admit that I have sometimes not remembered correctly

It is also a fact that many find the rules difficult to read in the way that they are written

ROG:

dieseldave:

ROG:

Got to admit that I have sometimes not remembered correctly

Same here ROG. :wink: :blush:

ROG:
It is also a fact that many find the rules difficult to read in the way that they are written

That’s what I meant by careful reading, but after FIRST understanding the definitions, because without definitions the Regs are confusing and meaningless.

Whether they be the definitions or the main rules I still think that they could make them read a little better - perhaps by using a plain English explanation under the legalese one :bulb:

ok thanks for all your posts i knew i was on the right tracks and i will pass one the info :smiley: and Tacohograph no offence taken :laughing: my writing skills are !!! a long time ago i was at school :laughing:

24 hours is a reduced weekly rest? 36 is normal am I right ? I’ve done CPC but that was a while ago and tbh forget half of it , and like you say the way the rules are worded is confusing … Can someone give me an example of how I could do as many hours possible mon-fri ? Cheers

Smoggie89:
24 hours is a reduced weekly rest? 36 is normal am I right ? I’ve done CPC but that was a while ago and tbh forget half of it , and like you say the way the rules are worded is confusing … Can someone give me an example of how I could do as many hours possible mon-fri ? Cheers

A regular weekly rest period is 45 consecutive hours.

A rest period of 24 hour or more but less than 45 hours is a reduced weekly rest period.

The maximum hours Monday to Friday would be two 13 hour shifts and three 15 hour shifts.

tachograph:

Smoggie89:

Thanks mate
A regular weekly rest period is 45 consecutive hours.

A rest period of 24 hour or more but less than 45 hours is a reduced weekly rest period.

The maximum hours Monday to Friday would be two 13 hour shifts and three 15 hour shifts.

Mon 6-9
Tue 6-9
Wed 6-9
Thu 6-7
Fri 6-7

well you can say weds to sun its all the same but as you can only work for 144 hrs it all has to fit in 3x15=45
3x13=39
=84hrs
then fit your breaks in 3x9=27
3x11=33
=60hrs 60+84= 144 hrs
but as many drivers get driving fixed weeks mixed up with duty time it all gets a bit :confused: and this can go on and on.Then you have to get all them hrs down to a 48hr average working week and a max of 60hrs working time :question: a week good luck with that one . Mind you i do achive this as my employer controls us with the old telemactics and we get warnings from office when we get close to hrs and working time :smiley:

Smoggie89:
Can someone give me an example of how I could do as many hours possible mon-fri ? Cheers

Is that for 5 standard day shifts or is that from mon 0000 to fri 2400 ?

ROG:

Smoggie89:
Can someone give me an example of how I could do as many hours possible mon-fri ? Cheers

Well I do tramping , usually get home 1nce a week , so how ever , would I be better off doing
Mon 6-9
Tue 6-7
Wed 6-9
Thu 6-7
Fri 6-9

Smoggie89:

ROG:

Smoggie89:

Well I do tramping , usually get home 1nce a week , so how ever , would I be better off doing
Mon 6-9
Tue 6-7
Wed 6-9
Thu 6-7
Fri 6-9

well i do tramping and get home once every 4 weeks and if you do trammping you dont have standard start times you might start a night shift then end up doing days like wise you do the work that given you but you can only do what the black box tells you

Rockgunner:

Smoggie89:

ROG:

Smoggie89:

Mon 6-9
Tue 6-7
Wed 6-9
Thu 6-7
Fri 6-9

well i do tramping and get home once every 4 weeks and if you do trammping you dont have standard start times you might start a night shift then end up doing days like wise you do the work that given you but you can only do what the black box tells you

Yeah know what you mean , but in a perfect world would that way be better or it doesn’t matter

Smoggie it all depends if you are paid by the hr or like me on a salary as im on a salary i get paid for working or not that means i still get paid for my 45 hrs etc rest away from the yard or sitting in europe somewhere waiting for a reload etc etc :smiley:

Smoggie89:

ROG:

Smoggie89:

Mon 6-9
Tue 6-7
Wed 6-9
Thu 6-7
Fri 6-9

From 0600 mon to 2100 fri you could get another 6 hours in if you did a split daily rest on tue and thu

ROG:

Smoggie89:

ROG:

Smoggie89:

Mon 6-9
Tue 6-7
Wed 6-9
Thu 6-7
Fri 6-9

From 0600 mon to 2100 fri you could get another 6 hours in if you did a split daily rest on tue and thu

So if I did 6-9 tues but had a 3 hr break from 3-6 , and then the normal 9 off