15 hours shift time

Sorry to all who open new topic about WTR :frowning: :slight_smile: .if follow rules 3 time per week driver can work shift up to 15 hours.but if drivers haveflexible time start,have between shift normal rest 11 hours.it same just 3 time per week or???it not very important for me but better know advance correctly??

Its still 3 times. 24hrs in a day so if you work 15 that leaves you 9hrs rest

In every 24hour period you must have atleast 11hours rest, this can be reduced to 9 hours 3 times per week.

Example: monday start at 0500 you must finish by 2000 so you can get a 9 hour rest in, then you can then start at 0500 tuesday.

Even if you dont start until 0600 on tuesday morning you must have finished work by 2000 monday night so you can get 9 hours off in the 24 hour period from when you started on monday.

As has been said itā€™s how much rest you have in the 24 hour period from start of shift that counts.

If you do a 15 hour spread-over from start to end of shift then have 11 hours rest only 9 of those hours will count towards your daily rest because thatā€™s all that will fit into the 24 hour period, so itā€™s still a reduced daily rest period.

Saaamon:
In every 24hour period you must have atleast 11hours rest, this can be reduced to 9 hours 3 times per week.

Example: monday start at 0500 you must finish by 2000 so you can get a 9 hour rest in, then you can then start at 0500 tuesday.

Even if you dont start until 0600 on tuesday morning you must have finished work by 2000 monday night so you can get 9 hours off in the 24 hour period from when you started on monday.

Where in the drivers hours regs does it say that?

As someone who as done both double manned and single manned trips doing dedicated time critical stuff, we never worked like that,

"example "start on a Sunday afternoon at say 15:00hrs (3pm) I do a 15hrs stint with 10hrs drive time day 1,Finish by 6am i take a reduced daily rest of 9hrs,

Then for shift 2: Monday i start again soon after 15:00 , this time my shift is shorter i only do only 9.5hrs duty time, i Finish at say 00:30am and take 2nd 9hrs reduced daily rest,

now for shift 3: Tuesday i start at 10am and do 2nd 15hrs stint which ends @01:00 I then have a 3rd 9hrs reduced daily rest,

Shift 4: Wednesday I donā€™t start until (stay on rest) until 6pm (8hrs extra off) i then do a 13hr shift ending by 07:00 am ,then taking the full 11 hrs rest

I havenā€™t broken the rules , or lets put it this way i have never had any infringement for it or been fined by Vostapo or the gendarmes either, as in that job there where no set shift patterns

Everything you need to know is here dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/R ā€¦ Europe.pdf

tommy t:

Saaamon:

As someone who as done both double manned and single manned trips doing dedicated time critical stuff, we never worked like that,

"example "start on a Sunday afternoon at say 15:00hrs (3pm) I do a 15hrs stint with 10hrs drive time day 1,Finish by 6am i take a reduced daily rest of 9hrs,

Then for shift 2: Monday i start again soon after 15:00 , this time my shift is shorter i only do only 9.5hrs duty time, i Finish at say 00:30am and take 2nd 9hrs reduced daily rest,

now for shift 3: Tuesday i start at 10am and do 2nd 15hrs stint which ends @01:00 I then have a 3rd 9hrs reduced daily rest,

Shift 4: Wednesday I donā€™t start until (stay on rest) until 6pm (8hrs extra off) i then do a 13hr shift ending by 07:00 am ,then taking the full 11 hrs rest

I havenā€™t broken the rules , or lets put it this way i have never had any infringement for it or been fined by Vostapo or the gendarmes either, as in that job there where no set shift patterns

Okā€¦ :confused:

Saaamon:

:unamused:

tommy t:

Saaamon:

In the section about daily rest periods. It doesnā€™t use those exact words but Saaamon is quite correct in what he says in that the rest must fit within the 24h period from when you started your shift. If you just read the bit you highlighted in red it doesnā€™t make any sense but when you read it as a complete example with the paragraph before it is correct and makes sense.

Your example you have given of a working week is also perfectly legal.

Paul

tommy t:

Saaamon:

Page 20 GV262

Daily rest periods
A driver must take a daily rest period within each period of 24 hours after the end of the previous daily
or weekly rest period. An 11-hour (or more) daily rest is called a regular daily rest period.

Article 8 (EC) 561/2006

1. Within each period of 24 hours after the end of the
    previous daily rest period or weekly rest period a driver shall
    have taken a new daily rest period.

tommy t:

Thereā€™s no reason why you would have been given an infringement for those times as they are legal.

Saaamon:

Sorry to be pedantic but itā€™s 3 times between weekly rest periods not ā€œ3 times per weekā€ :wink:

What if you get three or more hours uninterrupted break during your shift then had 9 off, this is a split regular daily rest not a reduced rest, so if you did this every shift could you do 15 hours every day ā– ā–  :confused:

Darb:
What if you get three or more hours uninterrupted break during your shift then had 9 off, this is a split regular daily rest not a reduced rest, so if you did this every shift could you do 15 hours every day ā– ā–  :confused:

Yes