15 hours otherwork

hi everyone :smiley:

If work more than 15 hours out of 24 on say a monday ( not a mobile worker) this means i cannot work any ec driving periods later in week.

pretty sure this is case. :question:

A would it reset after a weekly rest. ie if i did sunday after weekly rest (reduced on saturday) think this would be ok

B or only after the fixed week ie monday morning to sunday night

release i would need to watch total weekly hours etc

just wanted to check :question:

If you are a part time driver and only drive under EU rules on occasional days you only need to observe the daily rest periods for the days you actually drive, and the weekly rest periods for the weeks during which you have driven. Therefore the fact you work more than 15 hours on a day when you are not driving is irrelevant and you could still drive under EU rules on other days in the week, observing the daily rest requirements on just those days, not starting a driving shift less than 9/11 hours (depending whether you still had reduced daily rest available) after finishing a shift at your other job and not returning to your other job until 9/11 hours after ending the driving shift.

If a part time LGV driver has opted out of the 48 hour WTD for their usual job, what is the WTD ruling, if any, when they do LGV driving :question:
Is the driver still ā€˜opted outā€™ or are they restricted in any way under the mobile worker WTD :question:

Iā€™ve read the post above this one and see that the Tacho regs apply in regard to daily and weekly breaks so that part is clear :smiley:

Extreme Example: -
Usual job where opted out of WTDā€¦
Mon 16 hours work
Tue 14 hours work
Wed 16 hours work
Thu 14 hours work
9 hours break taken
Fri 15 hour shift LGV driving
Sat & Sun off
Above repeated every week

ROG:
If a part time LGV driver has opted out of the 48 hour WTD for their usual job, what is the WTD ruling, if any, when they do LGV driving :question:
Is the driver still ā€˜opted outā€™ or are they restricted in any way under the mobile worker WTD :question:

This question has been asked and answered many times on here. The work for the other employer only counts as other work for the tacho rules, particularly on days that they do a few hours at their other job and some driving for calculating daily rest periods on those days. It is also used to determine when weekly rest is due. It has no impact on the WTD as it applies to mobile workers.

Conformation here, section 2.5 where it states

2.5 Working for two or more employers or another organisation

For the purposes of the Regulations, working time is restricted to work for employers for whom a mobile worker carries out any in-scope road transport activities (i.e. work covered by the European driversā€™ hours rules). It includes both road transport activities and any other work for such employers (for instance when a driver also works in an employerā€™s warehouse).

It does not include work performed for employers who are not involved in road transport activities (for instance bar work). However, such work would count as part of the ā€œdaily working periodā€ for the purposes of determining compliance with the separate European driversā€™ hours rules (i.e. bar work will impact on when you can work and how much work you can do).

Thanks coffee :smiley: :smiley:

The extreme example is legal but I find it odd that those that designed the WTD did not build in safeguards to stop this type of working regime as I would imagine most people would be knackered after doing 60 hours in 4 days and then driving on the 5th - typical of beaurocrats me thinksā€¦

thanks rog and coffeeholic :smiley:

thanks again for the advice, seems like a really crazy rule :confused:

Had a look at henrys cat post as well.

Basically, I could work as much as I want in my other job, then as long as I stuck 9 hours on either end of my driving shift and took weekly rests, I would be fine and I wouldnā€™t even need to register this on my working time directives form that I hand to the agency :exclamation:

In my case the reason I am starting to do the driving is because my other job is getting very quiet and I have the feeling I will get the push sooner or later, itā€™s just I have a particularly busy day tomorrow as I am working in England so the 60 hour thing and the 48 hour thing would probably be irrelevant anyway.

I understand I will still need to do tachos for the other work, just seems a bit strange if you got checked you could hand vosa an other work tacho with something like 20 hours on it and it would be legal, suspect they would check everything else with a fine tooth comb.

Thanks,
kiw :smiley: