15 hour working time

Muppets AKA transport managers at my place have come out with another classic! :imp:

15 hour shift rule starts when you leave the yard & you can go over 15 hours working -get picked up in a company vehicle and your rest period begins when you get in passenger seat as long as your not navigating or similar!!
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

i always thought your 15 hours started when you clocked in, ends when you clock out, so you needed to be back in yard within 15 hours!

Also you had to get picked up in a non company vehicle ?
so you drive all day do say 7 hours driving and work 15 hours , unable to get back to yard. They come and collect you then expect you to start your rest in the passenger seat - have 9hrs reduced rest so you can get back to work in morning!

VOSA say work 15 hours - min 9hrs rest in 24hrs,so you cant run over , i think my company is wrong !
, any opinions

demonbiker:
15 hour shift rule starts when you leave the yard & you can go over 15 hours working -get picked up in a company vehicle and your rest period begins when you get in passenger seat as long as your not navigating or similar!!

Wrong in so many ways. :wink: :smiley:

demonbiker:
i always thought your 15 hours started when you clocked in, ends when you clock out, so you needed to be back in yard within 15 hours!

Correct, unless operating a split rest when it could be 16 hours.

demonbiker:
Also you had to get picked up in a non company vehicle ?

Doesn’t make much difference, it would still be other work.

demonbiker:
i think my company is wrong !

So do VOSA. Check HERE FAQ 21 for clarification of their stance on the matter.

Thanks, drove into a VOSA checkpoint today and got their view on it, apparently my company could be in for a fine :unamused: and the drivers if caught!! :cry:

I knew they were F.O.S ! just chancing their arm hoping people will believe all they say!

:unamused: