15 hour shift + POA

Wheel Nut:
It also makes the reason for using Rest, rather than POA look more attractive :stuck_out_tongue:

If you had used Rest Mode, they would have only had to use pink chalk to chalk your wheels and cone you off for 9 hours instead of 11 :wink:

Malc, Malc, Malc. :unamused: :unamused: FTFY. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Jennie:
Print this out , I carry it round with me folded in my licence, was invaluable when i first started

downloaded! That’s a helpful chart.

miggs2269:
I am a new class C driver,working for an agency to gain experiance.Last night at a delivery i was told, it would be at least 4 hours before they could unload me.I parked up and put tacho on POA,and informed the office.I was told to sit it out,as i could not reload till empty.After 3 hours and 5 mins i was askrd to go on a bay and hand keys in.My transport office told me,as i had 3 hours POA i could work up to 18 in total !!
Last nite i booked 9.5 hours driving and a total shift time of 17.25 hours.Am i being taken advantage of,as a new driver.Is it 15 hours total shift time,or does POA extend this ? Many Thanks

In addition to the advice the others have given you should be aware that you also extended your driving hours that night. You can only do this twice in the week. Avoid using POA if you can especially if you’re told you’re going to be waiting in excess of 3 hours. Put it on rest for this and you can avoid having a reduced rest for that shift. Don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself or you’ll find yourself in front of the traffic commissioner who will tell you what any good traffic policemen will, " Ignorance of the law is no excuse!

Best of luck with your driving career!

russell2587:
Yep they’ve took advantage mate, if you had of put it on break instead you could of done 15 and got a full daily rest in. I wouldn’t trust a thing they said in future

You cant, however bad your mathematics are. 15 +11 = 26 :laughing:

3 + 9 = 12 + 15 = 27

Wheel Nut:

russell2587:
Yep they’ve took advantage mate, if you had of put it on break instead you could of done 15 and got a full daily rest in. I wouldn’t trust a thing they said in future

You cant, however bad your mathematics are. 15 +11 = 26 :laughing:

3 + 9 = 12 + 15 = 27

15h shift - 3h rest = 12h work
3h rest + 9h rest = 12h rest (full daily rest)
12h work + 12h rest = 24h

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue: