15 hour day

Frazer smith:
as I said if im wrong so be it but im going by the wording in the regs. if they is a get out clause in there please show me so I can show MR vosa next time im pulled P.S I know its not vosa now but don’t know what there called now b4 im chinned for that too

It’s not a get out clause, the regulations state that if you have 3 hours rest during the shift you only need another 9 hours after the shift and it’s not a reduced daily rest period.

That’s generally known as a split daily rest period.

Frazer smith:
as I said if im wrong so be it but im going by the wording in the regs. if they is a get out clause in there please show me so I can show MR vosa next time im pulled P.S I know its not vosa now but don’t know what there called now b4 im chinned for that too

No one has chinned you, just corrected you, that’s the beauty of a forum like this :smiley:

Surf n learn :grimacing:

Frazer smith:
put into simple terms
if u work 15hour its a automatic reduced 9 hour rest as u can only do 3 of these a week then it means u can only do three 15hour shifts in one week hope this help if ur transport department say otherwise ask for it in writing bet they wont do it

Between weekly rests not per week - split daily rests of 3 + 9 do not count as one of those

why don’t the government and the european union simplify this max 13 hour shift with 11 off simples woul make life a lot easier :unamused:

samsgrandad:
why don’t the government and the european union simplify this max 13 hour shift with 11 off simples woul make life a lot easier :unamused:

The regulations don’t say anything about 13 or 15 hour shifts, they do say a regular daily rest period is 11 hours and a reduced daily rest period is 9 hours or more.

It’s drivers who insist on referring to shift lengths :wink:

The RT(WT)R or RTD was supposed to sort out things like max shift times but the UK Govt vetoed anything like that which is why we ended up with what we now have

ROG:
The RT(WT)R or RTD was supposed to sort out things like max shift times but the UK Govt vetoed anything like that which is why we ended up with what we now have

The ironic thing in that case being that we have exactly that under domestic regs.The EU regs are a load of total over complicated bollox which seem to say one thing but then contradict themselves with numerous different get out clauses to extend the total day to suit inefficient operating conditions of trucks spending too long parked up waiting for whatever reason.Which in this case turns the obvious intention,of a mostly unbroken 11 hours off with limited exceptions for reduction to 9 regime,into something else.

The simplest ( and safest ) way would be to get back to domestic regs but based on a 12 hours on 12 off total shift time.

bald bloke:

mazzer:

Frazer smith:
put into simple terms
if u work 15hour its a automatic reduced 9 hour rest as u can only do 3 of these a week then it means u can only do three 15hour shifts in one week hope this help if ur transport department say otherwise ask for it in writing bet they wont do it

Agreed but the OP clearly stated with a 3 hour break during the day which means each daily rest is counted as an 11 hour break therefore he can do a 15 hour spread every day

Correct ^^.

The important thing being that frazer is interpreting the regs how they ‘should be’ as opposed to how the EU seems to have managed to say one thing while doing another.

Curryfart, the important thing is that Frazer was incorrect. The law states that you CAN work a 15 hour spreadover every day of the week, if you meet the daily rest criteria. Not what “should” be allowed - what IS allowed. Simples.

Not having a go at you, Frazer, I promise :wink:

ROG:

Frazer smith:
u can only do 3 of these a week

Between weekly rests not per week

It’s a good point ROG.

A “week” is a fixed period defined as the period of time between 00.00 on Monday and 24.00 on Sunday
A “weekly rest period” means the weekly period during which a driver may freely dispose of his time and covers a “regular weekly rest period” and a “reduced weekly rest period”

You could start on 0000 Monday after a “regular weekly rest period” and take a “reduced daily rest period” from 1500-2400 on Mon, Tues & Weds. Thursday 0000-2400 then could be taken as a “reduced weekly rest period”, then take a “reduced daily rest period” from 1500-2400 on Fri, Sat and Sun. That’s 6 in “a week”, but only 3 between “weekly rest periods”. As you can see, they are not the same thing.

Moving on from that:
A “regular daily rest period” means any period of rest of at least 11 hours. Alternatively, this regular daily rest period may be taken in two periods, the first of which must be an uninterrupted period of at least 3 hours and the second an uninterrupted period of at least nine hours

A “reduced daily rest period” means any period of rest of at least nine hours but less than 11 hours.

so a block of 11h OR a 3h+9h both counts as a regular daily rest period” which means you could fit in up to six 3+9s between “weekly rest periods”.

Crack on and do a nice 90hr week…all legal of course!