12v sockets

When purchasing phone chargers I always ask if it is dual voltage and have never been sold one that wasn’t. I operate on he , perhaps misguided view, that if they tell me it’s dual voltage and it isn’t they will be responsible for any damage. :unamused:

Cliff Warby:
We know! and it’s a bloody pain in the arse!

HERE HERE :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If only we had 24v and nigh heaters. I delivered to a very ‘Teamsters’ run company last Friday, it was -18f, I was not allowed to run my engine, I built up the heat in the cab and sleeper, closed all windows and handed in my keys before hitting the bed. I woke up an hour later and outside the sleeping bag it was freezing … BRRRRRRRR, I went in and asked if I could unhook to run the engine ? The answer was no, but they would hurry up, they kept their word on that and tipped the remaining half a trailer load in 15 minutes.

At Radio Shack you can get individual plug in inverters, with 6 x 12v outlets in my truck I could run 6 household appliances if needed, Thats why 12v TV’s over 6’ screens are rare here, everyone here uses TV’s and VCR’s from the home.

eddie snax:
At least the MAN puts the 12v supply on a ciggarette lighter socket. Renaults use those hella sockets for 12v supply, smashed my plug 1st week back this year took hell of a job to find some where that sells them, couldnt charge phone or watch telly. But if anyone needs one that bloke in the cabin in that truckstop just off j13 M1 sells them.

if I remember right , there is someone on TruckNet who sells hella plugs, he also sells some sort of timer , now what was his name again :question: :question: :question: :question:

Oi! Davey! Someone’s talking about you… :smiley:

Denis F:
if I remember right , there is someone on TruckNet who sells hella plugs, he also sells some sort of timer , now what was his name again :question: :question: :question: :question:

Fair comment, but i did realy want one during the week so i could use my phone, so didnt realy want wait for it to arrive in the post.

Pat
You mean they’ve got those bloody great cabs and no built in method of heating them. :open_mouth:

Thats right :exclamation: A few have night heaters but about 90% have no separate heating system, we leave the engines running 24/7 :exclamation: My engine has been running since last Saturday (15th Jan) with the exeption of a delivery that I mentioned and to check the oil and water now and then, It has been running all weekend as it stands in the yard also, although it is regularly checked by the mechanics over that time.

Yep!, Pats right, I hardly ever turn my engine off, I need it to run A/C or to run the Heater.

Hey Pat, …what Oil and Water? :blush: :wink: :laughing:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: That’s just weird!

you are obviously getting diesel too cheap - at UK prices you wouldn’t be leaving it running :wink:

And in various countries in continental Europe you would be looking at a nice big fine for leaving the engine running. In Switzerland you turn it off at level crossings and even at some traffic lights there are signs telling you to turn off when the light is red.