12v socket on dutch piece of ****

12v has been playing up since the weekend, fuse blew last week, replaced it, worked for a week and now isn’t working at all, fuse is fine but socket itself seems to be a wee bit loose…any ideas chaps?? Thanks in advance

Si - I had this trouble too :imp:

Have a look into the socket and see is its melted as that’s what mine did :cry:

I replaced it with another socket - Its pretty easy to do - If you remove the heater switches (The panel just pops off) and reach into the dash, you will be able to pull the plug off of the back of the socket. Once you have done that just wire another one into it of your choice. I fitted one of those double jobbies that also has a USB socket for charging too. Its much better

sydeakinwoods:
12v has been playing up since the weekend, fuse blew last week, replaced it, worked for a week and now isn’t working at all, fuse is fine but socket itself seems to be a wee bit loose…any ideas chaps?? Thanks in advance

What are you trying to plug into the socket? Kettle, satnav, TV etc

I’ve been plugging a 12v inverter into it…

The socket doesn’t look metled but its come loose and moving around easily. I’ll have a look at replacing it…

Thanks chaps

sydeakinwoods:
I’ve been plugging a 12v inverter into it…

The socket doesn’t look metled but its come loose and moving around easily. I’ll have a look at replacing it…

Thanks chaps

Its probably become loose due to it getting hot

Its only held in with a one-way washer and there’s nothing else behind it. It sounds like your inverter is too much for it to handle even though it says its capable of 240w its not

I run my inverter out of the 24v hella socket next to it and have had no problems so far