12v socket in 57 plate daf

does any one have a idea if there is a 12v socket in a 57 plate daf as both sokets on the dash say 24v should there not be a 12v in there

the ■■■ lighter will be 12 volt i reckon

ozzydog:
the ■■■ lighter will be 12 volt i reckon

i wouldn’t put money on that, or a 12v appliance in it either :wink:

depends on what DAF it is

best thing to do is get a volt meter and check the sockets

yeah think i will have to check it out its a xf105

hodgeR500:
yeah think i will have to check it out its a xf105

They are usually marked up with the voltage, unless it has been in the hands of a scruffy miscreant…Then a voltage meter is your best bet.
Do you want a power source for your ■■■■ plug then?

I drive a 57 plate xf105 and the hella plug on the passenger side is 12v and the normal cig socket on the drivers side is 24v. However, they are both marked as 24v.

On my cf there both 24v

I would say in general most of the actual ■■■ lighter sockets I’ve come across are 24v and would always assume this before plugging anything in.

There may be a 12cmv Hella socket attatached to the drivers seat , failing that there will be a 12v feed behind the Tacho which I am led to believe is a wiring loom for a German Maut OBU …

the 12v socket is at the back of the centre consol in between the 2 seats not far from the gear stick

Paul Gloria Meadows:
I drive a 57 plate xf105 and the hella plug on the passenger side is 12v and the normal cig socket on the drivers side is 24v. However, they are both marked as 24v.

Same here. The dropper is located under the lower tray, remove the rubber mat and underneath it you’ll find two allen bolts which need to be unscrewed to reveal the dropper. The one in mine is 10A.

so under the small rubber mat on lower console its located in there

hodgeR500:

Yes mate it is.

paulfromwire:

hodgeR500:

Yes mate it is.

you sure that is a factory fit dropper and not a previous driver fit?

normally, the dropper is located in the fuse box area on the DAF