12v socket help

I’ve give up! Checked all fuses and they’re all okay!

Bloody German crap!

redbob:
The socket in the passenger foot well of my MAN TGX has suddenly stopped working. I thought there may have been a circuit breaker to reset it but no.

The 24v one is still working.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ok, for anyone interested (MAN drivers) I’ve been on to MAN and they told me to disconnect the battery for a few minutes :confused: So I did and guess what it worked!

Happy days, I was missing my cold milk on my cornies :grimacing:

redbob:

redbob:
The socket in the passenger foot well of my MAN TGX has suddenly stopped working. I thought there may have been a circuit breaker to reset it but no.

The 24v one is still working.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ok, for anyone interested (MAN drivers) I’ve been on to MAN and they told me to disconnect the battery for a few minutes :confused: So I did and guess what it worked!

Happy days, I was missing my cold milk on my cornies :grimacing:

waynedl:

redbob:

waynedl:

redbob:

Truckulent:

redbob:

Truckulent:

redbob:

waynedl:
The symbol is 12V in a square box

That one isn’t there mate, I’ve tried taking a photo

Fuse numb 10 looks like it could be a ■■■ lighter-sorry 12v accessory socket(!) -and it’s 10a. I’d check this first… :wink:

Can’t be that either as the accessory socket :smiley: is working

Have you checked it?

Yes, its fine.

He means the fuse not the accessory socket.

I agree, that looks to be the most obvious, most 24v sockets are 15amp I think, they usually say it on them

Yes, I’ve checked the fuse and its fine

I can’t see any obvious sign then, so maybe just check all the 10a fuses?

Have you tried isolating the truck for 5 mins, something might have triggered a cut off on the dropper?

Oh, just a quick thought, you are trying to use it with the ignition ON aren’t you?

Mine hasnt worked for months and man want £412+vat for a new dropper! Will now try disconnecting the batteries…

We used to have loads of MAN’s TGX+ other even earier ones, Reedboardall, and if the 12volts didn’t work, all the techs used to do was just disconnect a battery lead, for a couple of mins and then re-fit the lead and the 12volts used to restart working again.

The techs told use that its a type of transformer that drives the 12volts, it seems to reset it self, don’t know why, but it worked everytime, so much so that i even started carrying a 13mm spanner in my box of odds and ends.

The only down side is that the tacho registered it has having the power disconnected from it, i just made a note of it, never had it questioned at all.

Hope this helps

Pan Man:
We used to have loads of MAN’s TGX+ other even earier ones, Reedboardall, and if the 12volts didn’t work, all the techs used to do was just disconnect a battery lead, for a couple of mins and then re-fit the lead and the 12volts used to restart working again.

The techs told use that its a type of transformer that drives the 12volts, it seems to reset it self, don’t know why, but it worked everytime, so much so that i even started carrying a 13mm spanner in my box of odds and ends.

The only down side is that the tacho registered it has having the power disconnected from it, i just made a note of it, never had it questioned at all.

Hope this helps

That’s why I mentioned an isolator, most trucks I’ve drove have had an isolator switch which cuts off all electrics EXCEPT the tacho