12v fridge

Can anyone recommend a 12v fridge. In an effort to cut costs my new daf not got one so need to buy a fridge not too expensive any ideas

Waeco do a ■■■■ good fridge just depends on what you call not too expensive

I got an evercool for £125 you can get it from most truck stops. If your away all week it will pay for itself within about a month. Mine did. It’s 12/24v and 33l capacity. cb-shack.co.uk/evercool-33l- … p-361.html

I got one off a guy from here. Works great. Must pay him for it!!!

i have this truckstuff.co.uk/products/wa … ol-tc-21fl and it’s not let me down in the three years i’v had it. it’s 12 or 24 v so no worry about blowing it up

jimmi:
I got an evercool for £125 you can get it from most truck stops. If your away all week it will pay for itself within about a month. Mine did. It’s 12/24v and 33l capacity. cb-shack.co.uk/evercool-33l- … p-361.html

A double glazing salesman once told me that about their new windows.
when they asked why I hadn’t paid their bill I told him :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

^^^ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: love it

scotstrucker:
i have this truckstuff.co.uk/products/wa … ol-tc-21fl and it’s not let me down in the three years i’v had it. it’s 12 or 24 v so no worry about blowing it up

Ive got one of those^^ the good thing about them is they cool down lower than cheaper models.
I dont drink hot drinks, or lukewarm cans, when i take one out of this fridge its as cold as taking it from the fridge at home. And thats not even with it on the coldest setting.
If i remember, these ones cool down to 30 below the ambient temp, so everything is nice and cold, whereas cheaper models only cool down to 15 below the ambient temp, in the middle of summer this will make the difference between a good fridge and a crap one.
Unless you wanna pay big money on a compressor fridge, i would reccomend this one.
And it doesnt flatten the batteries, and its quiet.

leedswarrior:
Can anyone recommend a 12v fridge. In an effort to cut costs my new daf not got one so need to buy a fridge not too expensive any ideas

If you are interested I have an ex works proper DAF drawer type 24v fridge for sale, there will be a plug under your bunk that is there for it, PM me if interested.
It fits under your bunk if you cut out a recess in the face panel, better than a one on your passenger seat.

12v/240v 29L electric cool boxes for £35 in Lidl today, 3year warranty.

NB12:
12v/240v 29L electric cool boxes for £35 in Lidl today, 3year warranty.

…ive got one of these and they are a fantastic bit of kit for the money.do the job no problem and a 3 year warranty you cant go wrong

took a look at the description of this Lidl cooler and that’s what it says:

Cools up to 17°C below room temperature whilst connected to mains or 12V cigarette lighter
Spacious 29L capacity, suitable for storing 36 x 0.33L cans or 2 x 2L bottles
Fast, even cooling with interior ventilator
With a retractable carry handle and cable storage in lid for space-saving storage
Size (cm): H48 x W39 x D30
3 year manufacturer’s warranty
lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/www_lidl_ … l&id=11729

The key thing is that it cools to 17 degrees below the room temperature, so if in the middle of summer, you are stuck in a cab with 30 degrees inside (or even hotter when you go out and the air con isn’t working), the temperature inside the cooler will be about 13 degrees (at best) which isn’t ideal for keeping your food chilled.
Night time when you sleep , you like to have a temp around 20 degrees so minus 17 = 3 degrees.
Is that good enough for keeping food fresh all week?
Another question that needs to be asked how reliable is that warranty from a company no one has ever heard about?

Just got one. Down to last 2 in Middlewich

Yeah on 12v there’s no temperature control, just cools constantly and can achieve 17c below ambient. On 240v there is temperature control, I bought one yesterday and ran in in the house plugged into 240v supply and it pulled down to 4c which for a little electric cooler of this type I thought was pretty good. You could run it 240v off an invertor to use temp control. It’s probably not going to keep red meat fresh as a real fridge for days, but for £35 it will do what I need it too.

Pop/butties/choccie bars/pies etc, will more than do the job for me. I’ll put cold stuff in it in the first place, so it won’t have to pull it down too much.

Sorry if its a daft question.

To run something off an invertor does the inverter just plug into the lighter socket. If not and needs wiring direct to the battery do you do this or will the company you work for do it and is it easy to do. New to all this and looking at hopefully doing tramping work when test passed, so lots of research.

Darrenb:
Sorry if its a daft question.

To run something off an invertor does the inverter just plug into the lighter socket. If not and needs wiring direct to the battery do you do this or will the company you work for do it and is it easy to do. New to all this and looking at hopefully doing tramping work when test passed, so lots of research.

I think you can just plug some in, but for bigger wattages you’re best of coming off the batteries, to prevent yourself frying the wiring. You wouldn’t want to run a kettle through wiring that’s not much beefier than speaker cable

I`ve got one from Aldi, cost me 35quid. Even when plugged into the ■■■ lighter socket it still goes cold enough to start freezing water.

hkloss1:
took a look at the description of this Lidl cooler and that’s what it says:
Cools up to 17°C below room temperature whilst connected to mains or 12V e cigarette lighter
Spacious 29L capacity, suitable for storing 36 x 0.33L cans or 2 x 2L bottles
Fast, even cooling with interior ventilator
With a retractable carry handle and cable storage in lid for space-saving storage
Size (cm): H48 x W39 x D30
3 year manufacturer’s warranty

The key thing is that it cools to 17 degrees below the room temperature, so if in the middle of summer, you are stuck in a cab with 30 degrees inside (or even hotter when you go out and the air con isn’t working), the temperature inside the cooler will be about 13 degrees (at best) which isn’t ideal for keeping your food chilled.
Night time when you sleep , you like to have a temp around 20 degrees so minus 17 = 3 degrees.
Is that good enough for keeping food fresh all week?
Another question that needs to be asked how reliable is that warranty from a company no one has ever heard about?

I need a 12 volt cigarette lighter. My car charger is currently off now. I am trying to reconnect this. But i need adopter. I search for cigarette lighter in online. Hope i will get some good cigarette lighter.

Not got a hella 12v socket? Adapter to cig socket is about £3

My cig lighter socket is 24v but goes off with the ignition, hella socket is 12v and constant live.