12 volt or 24 volt for laptop use

Hi All, just wondering my laptop battery has packed up and flippin pricey for a new one so was wondering if any of you could tell me if it would work from a 12 volt supply as I have a 12 volt charger for the battery etc but now need to run it off that or either a 24 volt one so any ideas would be welcome. :smiley:

Cheers and stay safe :smiley:

Buy a new one ya tight assed git :laughing: :wink:

Get a car DC adaptor for your laptop, Β£10-Β£15 on E Bay depending on make of laptop and you don’t need a battery. In fact when I bought my last laptop the salesman said it was better to remove the battery if running it on an outside power source.

Hi, I run my laptop through a 24 volt inverter which you can get from Maplins, I also use it to charge my phone. They are about Β£30 .Regards Todd

toddmck:
Hi, I run my laptop through a 24 volt inverter which you can get from Maplins, I also use it to charge my phone. They are about Β£30 .Regards Todd

Thanks very much for all the helpful!! tips I will have a look round for a lead and an inverter for charging phone and running laptop etc as that is cheaper than a new battery :smiley:

amazon.co.uk/Trust-Laptop-Ad … op+charger