12 hours parking Flamstead

Don’t know if anyone else has got caught out by this.

Had a load to collect from Wandsworth Wednesday morning, coming down the M1 thought that parking at Flamstead was My favoured option. I parked at 215pm and thought this will do, a nice rest full afternoon and no need to head out again til 5 oclock the next morning. Went into the café to pay for parking(snap) got a meal voucher for use later and headed back to the truck, I then noticed that the ticket expired at 0223 the next morning, absolutely no good for Me, so I go over to the parking guy who had arrived by now to question what it was all about, he confirmed that to stay after that time I’d have to get another ticket at another £23, no way was I doing that, so I told him I wanted the ticket rescinded and I’d go elsewhere. To his credit, the parking guy made a note of the truck reg, and said that this time he’d turn a blind eye, and allow me to go over the 12 hours. I’ve parked there before, but never noticed the 12 hr limit, well it isn’t often I stop for more than 9 or 11.

On the plus side, I had a very tasty minted lamb pie with veg and gravy + black coffee for the very reasonable price of £6.95, though with the meal voucher it actually cost a lot less :smiley:

I know Crawley crossing have the same 12hr limit, so guys just be mindful of it. :wink:

The parking guy did say, that if I’d took the first 2 hrs free parking, before paying for overnight parking, I’d have legitimately been able to stay for 14hrs. He was actually very helpful and friendly, and I will go there again as I have in the past :wink:

Interesting…always thought Snap parking was for up to 24 hours■■?

RIPPER:
Interesting…always thought Snap parking was for up to 24 hours■■?

I always assume that parking is for the duration of the night, but it appears not. Snap could do with putting duration of stay in their book.

Crawley Crossing won’t let you use the 2 free hours to make it up to 14, if your going over the 12 its 2 snap tickets :open_mouth:

scottie0011:
Crawley Crossing won’t let you use the 2 free hours to make it up to 14, if your going over the 12 its 2 snap tickets :open_mouth:

OK I’ll bare that in mind :wink:

Hopefully it won’t ever be a problem, but it would have caught me out.

12 hours isn’t enough.

That’s going to get expensive for anyone weekending!!

Martin:
That’s going to get expensive for anyone weekending!!

That’s the whole point, think about the trucks you see parked up for long periods of time, they aint domestic. To the view of the site operators they aint spending in the café either, just blocking spaces that would be used by customers who’d be spending in the café during the day, and those parking up for the night and spending in the cafe :wink:

Never paid a penny for parking in 15+ years…

In Europe.

eddie snax:
Don’t know if anyone else has got caught out by this.

Had a load to collect from Wandsworth Wednesday morning, coming down the M1 thought that parking at Flamstead was My favoured option. I parked at 215pm and thought this will do, a nice rest full afternoon and no need to head out again til 5 oclock the next morning. Went into the café to pay for parking(snap) got a meal voucher for use later and headed back to the truck, I then noticed that the ticket expired at 0223 the next morning, absolutely no good for Me, so I go over to the parking guy who had arrived by now to question what it was all about, he confirmed that to stay after that time I’d have to get another ticket at another £23, no way was I doing that, so I told him I wanted the ticket rescinded and I’d go elsewhere. To his credit, the parking guy made a note of the truck reg, and said that this time he’d turn a blind eye, and allow me to go over the 12 hours. I’ve parked there before, but never noticed the 12 hr limit, well it isn’t often I stop for more than 9 or 11.

On the plus side, I had a very tasty minted lamb pie with veg and gravy + black coffee for the very reasonable price of £6.95, though with the meal voucher it actually cost a lot less :smiley:

I know Crawley crossing have the same 12hr limit, so guys just be mindful of it. :wink:

The parking guy did say, that if I’d took the first 2 hrs free parking, before paying for overnight parking, I’d have legitimately been able to stay for 14hrs. He was actually very helpful and friendly, and I will go there again as I have in the past :wink:

Did you pay extra for the meal voucher or was it included within the parking price?

chalky82:
Did you pay extra for the meal voucher or was it included within the parking price?

Sent you PM mate :wink: