12/24v kettle recomendations

who uses the small 12/24v kettles and what comes recomended purchased cheap 15quid one and i could of put the water out in the sun to warm up quicker

who uses what and how long does it take to boil maybe daft question but rather than buy one that takes 10mins to boil thought would ask and dont fancy buying big invertor to run travel kettle

thanks

psv8:
i could of put the water out in the sun to warm up quicker

Unfortunately they`re all much the same, very slow.
If you can use gas /gas stoves in the cab, gas would be a much faster option

I had a 24v one but it took 30 mins to boil. Recently started using gas stove and camping kettle - boils 2 litres in about 10 mins.

You can get a stove with gas for under £20 online and kettles for a fiver. Worth doing IMO

got all that already but not ideal when on the move to be fair

Mine is a Waeco one and it’s just as bad as the cheap ones takes a twelve month to boil

Now you have done it. you mentioned the fact you do things on the move.

TNUK CSI will be here to advise you where you have gone wrong

mickyblue:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mickyblue:

I thought that. All these TNUK CSIs must work abroad, cos I’ve certainly never seen the driving standards these folk claim in the UK

Just stick with the cheap one, boil it in the morning then put the hot water in a flask.

I’ve had several electric ones over the years. They all pack up/burn out/set fire to the socket eventually. Gas is so much easier!

All I gotta figure out is how to tap into the gas tank of the new duel fuel volvos and I’ll have unlimited fuel for my gas stove :wink:

1000 watts invertor cheap here

ebay.co.uk/itm/1000W-Car-Pow … 863wt_1328

1000 watts travel kettle here

ebay.co.uk/itm/1-LITRE-WHITE … 000wt_1345

you would have to wire the invertor directly to one of the two batteries.

do’nt know if it would work but could be worth a go for the price (£36.08)

Waeco 24v ones have a mount that you can fix in the cab and will boil in about 10 minutes enough water for a couple of good sized mugfulls. They don’t last forever and I tried a big red when the last one packed up, 6 weeks later I shoved it under the bed as a spare and bought another Waeco.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/WAECO-MCK-750-24-Perfect-Kitchen-Kettle/dp/B0013T3NYC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379271410&sr=8-1&keywords=waeco+24v

Same as all others, didn’t mind waiting for my 24v kettle to boil as I’d set it to boil about 20 mins before I arrived at my job = boiling water on arrival, BUT the bugger would burn out either the plug or the socket at least once per month.

Gas = more flexible and quicker to boil and no burnt out sockets or plugs on Tuesday leaving you until weekend without a kettle.

big boots:
1000 watts invertor cheap here

ebay.co.uk/itm/1000W-Car-Pow … 863wt_1328

1000 watts travel kettle here

ebay.co.uk/itm/1-LITRE-WHITE … 000wt_1345

you would have to wire the invertor directly to one of the two batteries.

do’nt know if it would work but could be worth a go for the price (£36.08)

they also do a 1200 watt invertor cheap (better with a slight overatting or it will just keep tripping)

ebay.co.uk/itm/1200W-Car-Pow … 880wt_1328

wont be buying no cheap invertor as i dont fancy setting fire to a brand new truck cant see it going down to well will just order big 1500w 24v one and the travel kettle route as i no tried and tested route will be fed directly from anderson connector on unit .

plus kettle will be 1000w but start up power no doubt about 1400w

psv8:
wont be buying no cheap invertor as i dont fancy setting fire to a brand new truck cant see it going down to well will just order big 1500w 24v one and the travel kettle route as i no tried and tested route will be fed directly from anderson connector on unit .

plus kettle will be 1000w but start up power no doubt about 1400w

probably wise :smiley:
no point penny pinching then costing 60 grand :blush:

and you can get a cheap 1000w microwave to warm ya lasagne :wink:

psv8:
who uses the small 12/24v kettles and what comes recomended purchased cheap 15quid one and i could of put the water out in the sun to warm up quicker

thanks

I bought one for about 20 quid from Halfords. I also used a flask of hot water and just used the kettle to bring it up to boiling point for tea. It takes too long to boil it from cold. There is also the danger of plugging it into 24 volts when the kettle is set for 12 volts, do that and the kettle is instantly FINISHED.

A better bet is a camping gaz stove from Halfords. They do a deal with 90 minutes of Gaz for about 12 quid. For christ’s sake - BE AWARE OF CARBON DIOXIDE POISONING IN THE CAB.

HALFORDS CLICK. [/b]

The Waeco ones are the only ones worth buying, they’re £40 though so ain’t cheap. I have a 24v one now and it’s fine. Why are people boiling a whole kettle of water for one mug? I fill it no more than half and takes about 5-10 mins to boil.

When I lived and worked back in Blighty, I bought a 12v kettle, it was pants and took so long to boil I went to the canteen to get a coffee whilst I waited. I went out and got a 24v one which was amazing :slight_smile: :slight_smile: It boiled about half a pint in 6 minutes :slight_smile:

Here we don’t have civilised things like 24v in trucks, just 12v or a power inverter which I do have but only use it for the lap top and telly. I bought a 12v coffee maker expecting it to take 4 years to brew a mug but I was quite supprised :open_mouth: It makes a 12once mug of fresh brewed coffee in about 15 minutes… Only problem is what to do with the coffee grounds in the filter when done ? a real ■■■ pain.