12/24 volt vacuum cleaners

Anyone use these? Can anyone recommend a decent version or are they just not worth the money? (Ta)

Splash out on one of these and an inverter, you know you want to!
store.makro.co.uk/showproduct.as … tAodEkgA1g

ashbyspannerman:
Splash out on one of these and an inverter, you know you want to!
store.makro.co.uk/showproduct.as … tAodEkgA1g

Well worth the money they are spot on!! :wink:

how big an inverter would i need to run a washing machine if i fitted one in the back ? just asking.

Trukkertone:
how big an inverter would i need to run a washing machine if i fitted one in the back ? just asking.

Buy a genny and do a fairground style truck :slight_smile:

We bought one of these, cordless rechargeable, possibly cheaper elsewhere and higher/lower wattage available at higher/lower cost.

toolstop.co.uk/black-decker- … vac-p12443

It only runs for about 15 minutes from full charge, but does the job well with various fitting included, use it at home for odd jobs and take it to work when i want to vacuum the lorry properly.

youtube.com/watch?v=6rMycgy8Ag8 I have one of these, £100ish but without batteries.

Juddian:
We bought one of these, cordless rechargeable, possibly cheaper elsewhere and higher/lower wattage available at higher/lower cost.

toolstop.co.uk/black-decker- … vac-p12443

It only runs for about 15 minutes from full charge, but does the job well with various fitting included, use it at home for odd jobs and take it to work when i want to vacuum the lorry properly.

They do a good non-rechargeable 12v version of that model which will plug into the ■■■ lighter socket - think it’s actually a bit cheaper to buy ~£35. It’s probably one of the best handheld vacuums I’ve used. The Dyson handheld is probably better but is undermined by the woefully short battery life between charges.

What this one? toolstop.co.uk/black-decker- … vac-p12458 It looks good for the moneÅ·

that b&d one mentioned, i have had one of these for over 12 months now and its a little cracker try halfords thats where i got mine one bank holiday with 25 pound off i think i paid around 50.00

terratology:
What this one? toolstop.co.uk/black-decker- … vac-p12458 It looks good for the moneÅ·

Yep, that’s the regular lighter socket one that’s not rechargeable. If you’re only going to use it in a vehicle the you probably don’t need the rechargeable option.

I have to say I’d tried quite a few utter crap 12v vacuums before I came across that one.

Own Account Driver:

Juddian:

They do a good non-rechargeable 12v version of that model which will plug into the ■■■ lighter socket - think it’s actually a bit cheaper to buy ~£35. It’s probably one of the best handheld vacuums I’ve used. The Dyson handheld is probably better but is undermined by the woefully short battery life between charges.

Yes i looked at that one, and there was a slightly lower wattage model rechargeable for about the same price in a sale at one of the sites i checked, very nearly went for that.

The plug in meant it wouldn’t be able to be used as a handy always ready vacuum at home but probably better if lorry use only.
The lower wattage model was reported in reviews as having a very short running time between charges, the one we bought does the cab fine unless i do a deep vacuuming of the seats bed and curtains which invariably means a 2 day session.

Well done Iceman who managed to get the higher spec one for £25 off at Hellfords, i don’t often buy at the place but when they have sales specials they are usually unbeatable.

just glad to help fellow truckers we not millionaires, or was that me mentioned on the rich list heeee heeee