111 days on the road part 2

after the 10 days in Banska Bystrica, Sloavkia, its time to load up both trucks on my own & drive the 1st to Malacky, a small town north of Bratislava, then return on the bus to Banska & drive the 2nd truck to Malacky, off load & wash both trucks, demo, reload for the next port of call, Zagreb, Croatia, driving back through Hungary & past Lake Balaton, same deal as all before, off load, wash trucks & demo & reload to go after 3 nights in Zagreb we then head off to the longest part of this demo road show, Turkey, we took the road to Belgrade,Serbia, then down through Sofia, Bulgaria, these borders took 8 hrs to clear, then to Svellingrad, Bulgarian border to Turkish side took 4hrs, then the drive to Istanbul (European side), we ended up in a housing estate for the demo area called Trakyia, just sth of Istanbul, then we left for the mad crazy drive over the bridge into the Asian side to Pendike, 1 night hotel here then off to Izmir, south western Turkey, on a parrell line with Athens, 2 nights in hotel here then the long drive to Ankara, 3 nights hotel here, then head east to within 300 klms of Iran \ Iraqi borders & 60 klms north of Syria, to a town called Gaziantep, a couple of nights here then we head back to Serbia !!
into Belgrade again for the last eastern show…

Sounds like a great job you have Dave i thing you did the right thing going Thought to Bulgaria via Serbia Belgrade ect . I have done that route to yambol in Bulgaria and it cuts about 2 hrs off the time i have also done the Danube ferry route through Romania lol Got lost in a village 3 am police pulled up so they said follow us and took me right to the ferry port when we got there he said MONEY PLEASE i told him only got Euro he said 12 Euro please when i asked why he said ferry tax :open_mouth: when i asked for a reicept he gave me a scrap of old paper with 12 E writen on it lol i didnt argue was just glad to get outa the place . then payed 50 Euro for a ferry that went about 500 mtrs ( i can pee further ) then onto Yambol via Sofia . i have also done four yrs ago the Rouse bridge route through Romania to Bulgaria that was a nightmare the Roads were just Pothole after pothole and the border at Rouse was a mile long TIR truck park (they have just done 12 border officers for taking fines and pocketing them ) .
3 yrs ago i thought we would have a change coming home and did the greece mountain road to Igoumenitsa Greek ferry route back To Venice Italy then up through France thats a great route but very expencive …But i Bet you have some fantastic Pics dave as we have and alot of great memories and funny stories . bet you cant wait for your next trip eh ? :laughing:

Thats absolutely amazing Dave, I really do envy you because at the moment I’m learning my cat C :frowning: still we all have to start somewhere and reading diaries like this really does inspire me.

Anyway subscribed to your thread now so should be very interesting to read what you have to say.

nice set of "white wall tyres "

all hand balled

FAR 13

THE OTHER SIDE WAS FLAT

good luck with it Wrams

I hope you lot like these pics :slight_smile: more to come when i get to download from camera :unamused:

Amazing photos,those look like agricultural tyres that are worn out,VOSA would have a field day with those,great diary,very interesting to read.

The EU make the rules but only the United Kingdom have to abide by them. :frowning: Seems like that anyway!!

Great pics by the way and I hope you have some scenery shots in your camera…:smiley:

Dave O`Donnell:

i saw this on a ring road somewhere round the countries youve mentioned, cant remember where thou (great diaries by the way Dave, keep the pics coming mate)