11 trainee car transporters requiered in Doncaster

cv-library.co.uk/job/2034905 … ign=Indeed
Might be of interest to some one wanting to get into that line of work, not sure if the company is a good one just saw it while looking for a job myself.
HGV Class 1 Drivers Required for 11+ CAR TRANSPORTER TRAINING - Doncas
Salary/Rate£11.35 - £12.96/hourLocationNationwidePosted 10/03/2016 (14:14) AgencyArctics Limited T/A IglooDescription
Igloo Automotive are currently looking for trainee 11+ Car Transporter Drivers based in Sandtoft, Doncaster.

This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced HGV Class 1 drivers to join well-established transport and logistic company and receive professional training to work on car transporters. The position initially starts as a temporary ongoing with prospects to become a permanent role in the future.

Key Competencies

• C+E licence for a minimum of 2 years
  • No more than 6 points on driving licence for minor offences
  • Digi card and CPC
  • A minimum of 2 years experience driving Class 1’s
  • Previous experience of driving car transporters would be an advantage
  • Self motivated and physically fit

The Pay

• £11.35 per hour + £12.96 O/T after 8 hours per day
  • Monday to Friday shift with night out; £25.50 allowance per night out

Main duties will include delivery and collection of new & used vehicles in the UK. It is a Monday to Friday position with nights out.

In order to be successful you need to be self-motivated, deliver to high standards and very flexible in terms of working hours. You need to be a holder of a current C + E license with no endorsements, digital tachograph and CPC certification.

Please contact Igloo team for more information on 01536 268 124.

OllieNotts:
http://www.cv-library.co.uk/job/203490574/HGV-Class-1-Drivers-Required-for-11-CAR-TRANSPORTER-TRAINING-Doncas?s=100609&utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Indeed
Might be of interest to some one wanting to get into that line of work, not sure if the company is a good one just saw it while looking for a job myself.
HGV Class 1 Drivers Required for 11+ CAR TRANSPORTER TRAINING - Doncas
Salary/Rate£11.35 - £12.96/hourLocationNationwidePosted 10/03/2016 (14:14) AgencyArctics Limited T/A IglooDescription
Igloo Automotive are currently looking for trainee 11+ Car Transporter Drivers based in Sandtoft, Doncaster.

This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced HGV Class 1 drivers to join well-established transport and logistic company and receive professional training to work on car transporters. The position initially starts as a temporary ongoing with prospects to become a permanent role in the future.

Key Competencies

• C+E licence for a minimum of 2 years
  • No more than 6 points on driving licence for minor offences
  • Digi card and CPC
  • A minimum of 2 years experience driving Class 1’s
  • Previous experience of driving car transporters would be an advantage
  • Self motivated and physically fit

The Pay

• £11.35 per hour + £12.96 O/T after 8 hours per day
  • Monday to Friday shift with night out; £25.50 allowance per night out

Main duties will include delivery and collection of new & used vehicles in the UK. It is a Monday to Friday position with nights out.

In order to be successful you need to be self-motivated, deliver to high standards and very flexible in terms of working hours. You need to be a holder of a current C + E license with no endorsements, digital tachograph and CPC certification.

Please contact Igloo team for more information on 01536 268 124.

It might be a fantastic opportunity to get on the car transporters,but aint a fantastic wage thats for sure !!

Yes its at the lower end of car money to be sure, but at least its hourly pay so whilst learning (months and possibly years rather than weeks before fully up to speed) you’re not chasing some poxy bonus scheme to make money, plus you aint going to be flying round once up to speed for that rate.
Good time for some young blood to learn it coming into the spring weather.

The 11 means 11+ truck i think mate.
The been advertised in sheerness looking for drivers aswell if thats any help to anyone.

Ha ha of course it does duuurrr:lol:
It might not be the best wage but you would go to a heavy haulage firm and be paid the same as 200 tonne lads while you learnt your trade.

They have been pushing that job for weeks on various sites…I wonder why?.

Themoocher:
The been advertised in sheerness looking for drivers aswell if thats any help to anyone.

11 plus means you can carry 11 cars + 1 making 12 if you have the right mix of cars, nothing to do with the truck being one, built by Transporter Engineering.

Dieseldog66:

Themoocher:

11 plus means you can carry 11 cars + 1 making 12 if you have the right mix of cars, nothing to do with the truck being one, built by Transporter Engineering.

Yeah I understand this mate I drive one.
But what I’m trying to point out to the lad is the 11+ isn’t 11 drivers required it’s 11+ trucks your driving.

Do not let Juddian put you off. The job is like any other but may take a bit more time and patience to get it right.
If you are of average intelligence you will have no problem. I know a guy that does the job and he says the hardest bit is working long irregular hours through the winter months.
It is probably the sort of job you really want to do otherwise there are plenty other jobs where you can earn as much without the responsibility of damaging cars and freezing your knackers off!

And don’t let Albion cheapen the job or encourage someone to make a move into something they think is going to be easy when its anything but, he did the job when the bodies were simple, as far as i’m aware from previous comments about how easy it is he hasn’t had a +11 TE or similar Lohr/Rolfo body with their almost unlimited permutations.

Cheapen the job? It’s a lorry drivers job transporting cars etc. instead of other goods for gods sake.
I never said it was easy. No job is till you learn it but like any other you are given training and then it is down to the individual to learn and practice.
A bit like driver training and we all know what that produces!
It ain’t rocket science and as I said anyone with average intelligence can do the job if they desire that type of work.
Some may not think it is worth all the hassle. Each to their own as they say.

albion1971:
Cheapen the job? It’s a lorry drivers job transporting cars etc. instead of other goods for gods sake.
I never said it was easy. No job is till you learn it but like any other you are given training and then it is down to the individual to learn and practice.
A bit like driver training and we all know what that produces!
It ain’t rocket science and as I said anyone with average intelligence can do the job if they desire that type of work.
Some may not think it is worth all the hassle. Each to their own as they say.

That’s quite right, anyone can do the job, but in practice the drop out rate during just after or within a few weeks or months of training is or used to be very high.
Where i worked for the first 5 or 6 years it was probably 20/40% retained rate after 12 months at one time, when i managed to get onto one of the best operators the drop out rate fell dramatically, BUT, the vast majority of new drivers were, like me, already experienced and doing exactly what they had planned all along, getting a premium job after learning the job inside out (and getting the start nod, you didn’t start out on those jobs unless you had family there)

What i wouldn’t like to see is someone who has a decent job already go for one of these in the belief that it’s going to be exactly right for them…however as i said before, being hourly paid takes a lot of pressure off the new driver.

The other point i want to make is that learning the job in years gone by had some complications, if you got an artic it would have a peak over the cab, that was ‘‘interesting’’ :open_mouth: and yes i had one for several years, but the bodies were simpler overall, the three deck artic body being the very best, circa 20 mins to load or unload including strapping down once up to speed.
Now with the +11’s and EHR bodies, and whatever else is now out since i packed it in, carrying 11 cars, maybe 12 with a few small ones, but less if a mixture of cars 4x4’s and vans, the new driver is going into a baptism of fire, there is a hell of a lot to learn.

I’m not sure i could have coped with going straight on to a +11, it was a big enough shock to the system getting one when i’d been doing the job well over 10 years already, i hated the thing (didn’t help that it handled like a plate of spaguetti in the dry) it took me at least 12 months before i became relatively happy with it and probably another 12 months before i could just look at a mixed load of vehicles sitting on the ground and know instinctively where they were going on the lorry but i’m probably a thicko, remember its reverse drop order preferably and best if you know your delivery area because there might be trees and low bridges mixed in that journey, some you can’t pass fully loaded but you might after losing half the load so getting it to a ‘‘flat’’ load.
Some of the blokes i worked with even after 2 years had to sit in their cabs for a few minutes drawing diagrams to get their heads round the car layout on the lorry.
You must recall even back when the bodies were simpler what a multi drop could be like, the job is like no other.

I’m not trying to argue with you Albion, far from it, much of what you write i agree with but i’ve seen more than enough hopefuls who appeared to take to it well at first start well and once reality hit them leave again in short order, or worse get sacked due to excessive damage after a few weeks/months, there will be damage at first there usually is but companies realise this, if you learn from it and don’t make a habit of it that’s acceptable.
Yes some take to it like a duck to water even starting on the most complicated bodies, and good luck to them cos they have a well paid future, but these are the exception IMHO and not the typical.

Yeah I must agree with u juddian.
I went straight into a 11+.
So much to think about all the time.

Anyone can put 9, 10 or 11 cars on your truck it ain’t that difficult with bit practice.

What’s difficult is putting it on in load order and getting it right to get your height down ain’t easy.
You can’t just throw 11 cars on willy nilly.
I’ve loaded up took me 2 hours not to get my height down a few times so frustrating.

If your on a well paid number on general or some sort of heavy haulage I would seriously consider not taking it on.

Its a tricky job and as Juddian says the drop out rate is very high its not for everyone. Loading 10 cars is quite easy but that 11th car makes all the difference. The summer hours are no different to the winter hours but its usually a Monday to Friday job with loads of stress.

Loading vans and cars makes the permutations on multi drop endless and it takes lots of experience to get it right.

As for the OP I would not work on transporters for that money - It really would be the very bottom end of the market.

Thanks for your reply Juddian. I do not want to argue either. Maybe I perceived one of your earlier posts incorrectly.
I agree it is not a simple job and requires a lot of practice and a certain level of intelligence.
I also realise there is a high drop out rate. I wonder if that is down to drivers not bothering to take the time to learn or maybe they are just not capable. Probably the latter I feel.
They all want better wages but need to realise to get them you need to do a professional job to your best ability and that also requires driving in a correct manner.

When I worked for Richard Laws on many years ago I drove an artic and the first few times I turned sharply I found it pretty daunting especially in confined areas.

Personally I am glad to be out of it all and retired. At present I am in between NZ and Australia on a cruise.
I get the impression you would now rather be retired.
I can definitely recommend it.

It’s not a job you can learn as every load is completely different.
You can throw 11 cars on 11+ pretty easy and strap them down its quite straight forward.
It’s getting your height below 16ft is difficult.

It would maybe be easier working with ford, vauxall or one company where there is only a few types of vehicles.
But when you have 11 different makes in models in a load it ain’t easy.
So there ain’t any formula or textbook answer.

It’s more down to experience and knowing what vehicles can go where.

Albion old chap, i’ve only recently started looking forward to retiring, never did before…keep it quiet but if i was issued a proper lorry (like they used to be) i’d be happy to carry on indefinately, but each new model with all the electronic dumbing down crap adds another nail to that enthusiasm coffin, and i have to say this…the people you have to work with these days… :unamused: :imp: :neutral_face:

Anyway some interesting points raised there, especially about throwing cars on.
I’d had my first +11 about 6 months and i’m still trying to getme head around it (and wishing desperately for me 10 car mk4 Lohr cake stand motor back), anyway i’ve pulled into B’ham airport rental car site, there’s room for three transporters there, so i’m faffing about trying to get my transfer load in some sort of order.
Another +11 transporter pulls in beside me, he’s rushing around like like billy whizz, he’s got an 11 car sale load and as they come out, people carriers estates and cars of all sizes he’s just chucking 'em on as fast as the lads can bring them out, i’m gobsmacked and starting to think i’m never going to get the hang of this cos i wouldn’t be able to get the height down where he’s put them, let alone have the confidence to just chuck 'em on as the come, actually i’m jealous to be honest and hoping to learn something.
Anyway 20 minutes later he’s strapped(ish) down and lowering his decks and i’m about half way through feeling most inadequate.

20 minutes later i’m strapping up meself and matey next door is dropping the whole load back off in order to reload them properly cos he can’t get below about 16’8".

I did have a wry smile to meself…and i did learn something… :wink: do the job at your own speed and how you want to do it.

Juddian:
Albion old chap, i’ve only recently started looking forward to retiring, never did before…keep it quiet but if i was issued a proper lorry (like they used to be) i’d be happy to carry on indefinately, but each new model with all the electronic dumbing down crap adds another nail to that enthusiasm coffin, and i have to say this…the people you have to work with these days… :unamused: :imp: :neutral_face:

I’d had my first +11 about 6 months and i’m still trying to getme head around it (and wishing desperately for me 10 car mk4 Lohr cake stand motor back), anyway i’ve pulled into B’ham airport rental car site, there’s room for three transporters there, so i’m faffing about trying to get my transfer load in some sort of order.
Another +11 transporter pulls in beside me, he’s rushing around like like billy whizz, he’s got an 11 car sale load and as they come out, people carriers estates and cars of all sizes he’s just chucking 'em on as fast as the lads can bring them out, i’m gobsmacked and starting to think i’m never going to get the hang of this cos i wouldn’t be able to get the height down where he’s put them, let alone have the confidence to just chuck 'em on as the come, actually i’m jealous to be honest and hoping to learn something.
Anyway 20 minutes later he’s strapped(ish) down and lowering his decks and i’m about half way through feeling most inadequate.

20 minutes later i’m strapping up meself and matey next door is dropping the whole load back off in order to reload them properly cos he can’t get below about 16’8".

I did have a wry smile to meself…and i did learn something… :wink: do the job at your own speed and how you want to do it.

I didn’t mean literally throwing them on. I ment throwing them on any old deck and not getting your height down as you are sitting at 17ft

Themoocher:

Juddian:

I didn’t mean literally throwing them on. I ment throwing them on any old deck and not getting your height down as you are sitting at 17ft

Yeah i know what you meant Moocher :laughing: , its a transport term isn’t it throwing them on, when in fact most doing it take a lot of care.

The bloke i described was literally doing as you say, just bunging them in any old how on any old deck as they came out of the compound, estates and MPV’s where you just wouldn’t put them, i think he put a Zafira on deck 11 when there was already big stuff on 2 and 3 and a bloody estate or summat on 10 just to help things along :laughing: , as i say i was envious at first that i obviously knew so little and should have been more gung ho like him…er no…he was a shining example of how not to do the job… :sunglasses:

I did get up to speed but it took me a long time before i felt really at home with one, you did bloody well getting chucked straight in the deep end with one at first, not sure i could have coped with that… :open_mouth:

albion1971:
Personally I am glad to be out of it all and retired. At present I am in between NZ and Australia on a cruise.

Golden Princess by any chance ■■?