11 plate Scania driving tips :)

Anyone read the manual on this “driving aid” on the dashboard?

I picked up the truck on monday with a few thousand k on it and 36% showing on the dash.
I did a couple of thou in a few days and got it to 60% but cant figure out what has made it improve, except its easier to get a good reading when running empty.

I was half expecting it to declare I was an imbecile and to stop as soon as possible and hand myself into the fuzz. But no it declared my driving was exemplary, more than once !!!

I have defected it anyway :laughing:

You have to drive in an economical fashion to please it.

Change gear at appropriate times, when it tells you to, thats if you have the manual gearbox, ease off on the power at the apex of a hill and just roll it over the top and ease off on the accelerator before braking.

Sometimes the gear changes aren’t always right and anticipating a downhill in thick fog in the middle of the night on back lanes is impossible.

Managed to get mine to 80% with 2 weeks of driving it but be carefull, I found it becoming quite obsessive and not paying enough attention to the road :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

I know what you mean about distracting, I was wondering what imbecile programmed it, it tells me im not changing gear appropriately when its on auto :smiling_imp:

im running max weight most of the time in a 420.i average about 47% but i got bored with it after 10 mins so i dont have it on any more