11/11/2009

Each year this website posts up an image to summate what Rememberence Day means, a field of poppies, a line of crosses of unknown soldiers, from wars and battles that should never be forgot.

From WW1 to WW2 to the Falkland conflict we all as a nation were involved, Today men and women are involved in just as bitter battles, but the effect of TV news and the lack of impact on every day life means there is a sense of detachment .

Todays Soldiers are doing what British Soldiers have always done, their duty as defined by their commanding officers. ordinary kids getting on with their jobs. They have no time for politics, all they want is themselves and their mates back home safe.

In our comfortable Sky news/CNN in our front room world , never forget that today, this minute, all our armed forces are putting their lives on the line.

As Rememberence day approaches, remember those that gave their lives for us, and also take a moment to remember those who today are carrying on the fight that those who died fought for.

For The Fallen
With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
England mourns for her dead across the sea.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Solemn the drums thrill; Death august and royal
Sings sorrow up into immortal spheres,
There is music in the midst of desolation
And a glory that shines upon our tears.
They went with songs to the battle, they were young,
Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted;
They fell with their faces to the foe.
They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
They mingle not with their laughing comrades again;
They sit no more at familiar tables of home;
They have no lot in our labour of the day-time;
They sleep beyond England’s foam.
But where our desires are and our hopes profound,
Felt as a well-spring that is hidden from sight,
To the innermost heart of their own land they are known
As the stars are known to the Night;
As the stars that shall be bright when we are dust,
Moving in marches upon the heavenly plain;
As the stars that are starry in the time of our darkness,
To the end, to the end, they remain.

britishlegion.org.uk/
helpforheroes.org.uk/

Amen.

i think that the boy and girls serving our country in all battles around the world now and it the passed deserves our prises for a job well done and hope there all come home safely .Amen

Having done my bit for Queen and country, I am extremely proud of our forces. God speed and come home safely.

slight correction :slight_smile:
11/11 is Armistice day
i know cos i live in Bedduth and they do the remerence on this day
not on the nearest Sunday

supposed to be the

11th minute of the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month

i’m not wear a poppy at work, as it may get caught as i’m a mechanic, but i’ve got biggun on the front grill of my car, and i had one on the front fork of my moped,it it did 7000 miles last year, i’ll be wearing one when i’m not working though.

Amen Poppy worn with pride

They all deserve respect, they all give up so much, even those that come home eventually.

What ever we do it’s never enough, but everything counts, and fund raising goes on all year.

Have been trying to get my hands on the big poppy to go on the front of the truck, when I get one it will be proudly worn all year.

Sarah, blrb. x

the legion ALWAYS get at least a tenner from me every year they do a fantastic job supporting our boys and girls.

God bless every single one of them those that have perished and those still with us.

To all those in battle at the moment gods speed and come home to your families safe and sound

Three cheers for our armed forces hip hip

Truckin sarah:
They all deserve respect, they all give up so much, even those that come home eventually.

What ever we do it’s never enough, but everything counts, and fund raising goes on all year.

Have been trying to get my hands on the big poppy to go on the front of the truck, when I get one it will be proudly worn all year.

Sarah, blrb. x

it is nice that Trucknet members remember those men who gave the ultimate; most people only think of them around November 11th. In Belgium those brave men are remembered every single night at the Menin Gate in Ypres, and have been since 1927 apart from the years of WW2 when the Last Post ceremony took place at Blackwood Barracks in England. The ceremony is extremely moving. A different soldier is remembered every night when a wreath is laid in memory - often by an English school child.

I go the Last Post ceremony everytime I visit friends in Belgium, and was fortunate to be at the Remembrance Day ceremony at the Menin Gate in 2007 when November 11th fell on the Sunday. Seated next to me was a 93 year old English born lady called Denise who had been to every Last Post since the end of WW2 - now that is remembrance! The photos I took later that day of the wreaths laid by men, women and children of the nations, and of Denise, will always be a poignant reminder.

God rest those who have given their lives to make a better life for those of us who remain, and God speed the return of those still fighting the modern day wars.

God bless our UK and US troops, as my little baby brother is in the US Army and getting ready to go to afghanistan for 1 year tour of duty…

YANKTRUCKERINUK:
God bless our UK and US troops, as my little baby brother is in the US Army and getting ready to go to afghanistan for 1 year tour of duty…

YANKTRUCKERINUK your brother is in good company just like my late dad was when he was helped by the yanks and their trucks in WW2.Hopefully my dad is driving a Diamond T again.

thanx for that one mate, i’m sure he will be just fine

YANKTRUCKERINUK:

God bless em all and bring them all back safe good luck to your brother yank trucker and may god keep him safe.

Thank you Rikki for thinking to post this.

We get wrapped up with life problemsand work and we forget how lucky we are.

amen.lovely prayer.
on sunday i will be at the cenotaph with my wife and 3 daughters to pay our respects to the fallen wearing our poppys with pride.

They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning,

We will remember them…

May we also remember the non service personel ie

Merchant Navy
Home Gaurd and current TA
Medical services that looked after the wounded on their return home
Etc they also gave much and lost so much

We Will Remember Them