11/1 update.... PASSED!

Hi

I have been using the DTS anytime website to study for the theory tests. I also subscribed to the case study section and came across this :

Drivers with acquired rights
Professional drivers that qualified for their LGV licence before 10 September 2009 or their PCV licence before 10 September 2008 have ‘acquired rights’. Drivers with acquired rights do not needs to sit the initial driver CPC qualification (due to their experience), but do need to undertake periodic training.

I have held a PCV licence since April 2005. Does this imply I don’t have to take the module 2 part of the CPC (case study) ?.

Thanks in advance

it means you will need 35 hours of CPC training per five years. Rather than the Mod 2 and Mod 4 ( I believe, although Im a new pass myself)

Cheers for the reply.

You have read it the same way i have read it.

I have emailed the company i will take my course with for some information on it.

FYI, that’s not the caveat to be using, it has expired, so shouldn’t still be cropping up.

The get-out clause that helps you is if you have a pre-1997 licence you will have the C1 entitlement as a freebie, THAT entitles you to do periodic DCPC instead of Initial DCPC

:confused:

Zac_A:
FYI, that’s not the caveat to be using, it has expired, so shouldn’t still be cropping up.

The get-out clause that helps you is if you have a pre-1997 licence you will have the C1 entitlement as a freebie, THAT entitles you to do periodic DCPC instead of Initial DCPC

It still states it on the gov.uk website…
gov.uk/driver-cpc-training/ … e-training

And my PCV cpc expires sep 23… 2 more courses to take to complete my 35hrs for the following 5years.

PCV and LGV CPC are different. If your getting your LGV licence you’ll still need to do the initial CPC so Mod 2 & 4 is required. I still have 8 months left of my PCV DQC, and now a full 5 years HGV DQC. So I have 2 separate DQC cards. It’s a shame one does cover for both.

If you did NOT pass car test before 1997 and have never passed any LGV test then you will never have had LGV on your DQC so that means to get LGV you need to pass all 6 modules
1a LGV theory
1b HPT
2 LGV CPC theory
3a Off road practical test
3b On road practical test
4 Practical CPC test

Your PCV on your DQC counts as nothing for LGV

Newtothis:
I have held a PCV licence since April 2005. Does this imply I don’t have to take the module 2 part of the CPC (case study) ?.

If you are going for your lorry licence, if you didn’t have C1 or C on there already prior to September 2009, then effectively yes you need initial CPC.

I had C1 because I passed my car test in 1996, which meant I could drive up until 2014 with no CPC card and then afterwards only do the 35 hours every five years.

Sadly, bus CPC is treated separately, so you may need to do initial CPC for lorry.

Newtothis:
:?

Zac_A:

It still states it on the gov.uk website…
gov.uk/driver-cpc-training/ … e-training

And my PCV cpc expires sep 23… 2 more courses to take to complete my 35hrs for the following 5years.

I’m not sure why you asked the question if you already have a current DQC? That in itself would exempt you from the Mod 2 and Mod 4. Or is it that you’re moving from PSV to HGV?

My involvement with DCPC is via ADR training, when candidate checking IDs, if they have a current DQC or if they have a C1 entitlement on a pre-97 licence, I know they’re good to go for Periodic DCPC. Of course, naturally I don’t encounter a lot of PSV drivers on these courses :laughing:

You should, passengers are toxic

Zac_A:
I’m not sure why you asked the question if you already have a current DQC? That in itself would exempt you from the Mod 2 and Mod 4. Or is it that you’re moving from PSV to HGV?

That ^^^^^

Just gone and done it, no faults!.

18years of bus driving done me good. Thaught i fluffed it, so many doubts live in my head.

Onwards and upwards, let the learning begin.

Newtothis:
Just gone and done it, no faults!.

18years of bus driving done me good. Thaught i fluffed it, so many doubts live in my head.

Onwards and upwards, let the learning begin.

C or CE :question:

Class 1 buddy

pass ce.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif