£11,000 Bar Bill..Thank You One and All

Just a snippet,the Bar Bill for the first week back in Parliament came to £11,000, on behalf of all those elected a BIG Thank YOU.

Or just under £17 per MP.

They saved me £860 in stamp duty when I recently moved house,enjoy your pint guys.

You make it sound like this is unique to Tory’s, it doesn’t matter whos in power, they don’t give a monkeys about us.

Gosh, how will the world keep turning? They get cheaper in there too. Probably be more like £15000 in the real world…

I don’t begrudge them it at all if I’m honest.

Just yourself what you would do if you were an MP? Not much different I would hazard…

Radar19:
You make it sound like this is unique to Tory’s, it doesn’t matter whos in power, they don’t give a monkeys about us.

+1
I always shake my head when ever I hear or read anyone saying “its time the government remembered who they are supposed to be looking after”.
They dont give a ■■■■ about the ordinary joe soap.
They awarded them selves a 10% pay rise just two years after almost causing an nhs strike by declaring no money to offer a wage increase in the health service. Brass necks all round

Radar19:

Nothing mentioned about it being only the Tories… :confused:

The-Snowman:

Radar19:

+1
I always shake my head when ever I hear or read anyone saying “its time the government remembered who they are supposed to be looking after”.
They dont give a [zb] about the ordinary joe soap.
They awarded them selves a 10% pay rise just two years after almost causing an nhs strike by declaring no money to offer a wage increase in the health service. Brass necks all round

We’re all in this together remember. (Although some of us are in it more than others).

The-Snowman:

Radar19:

+1
They dont give a [zb] about the ordinary joe soap.

Except it was the parliamentary standards body that recommended a 10% increase and a reduction in the number of expenses that could be claimed. MPs have plenty to get bothered about but stick to things that they are at least responsible for please. It will be interesting to see how Camerons “crusade on corruption” comes back to bite the great and good if ever there is a deep and impartial investigation. I suspect it was just a sound bite in light of the FIFA fiasco that was just to good a bandwagon to avoid jumping on.

Wiretwister:
Or just under £17 per MP.

That’s assuming it was all drunk by the MPs - the bars are of course open to the thousands of non-elected staff and 700+ peers, plus the odd invited guest. It’s a bit of a non-story really.

Captain Caveman 76:
We’re all in this together remember. (Although some of us are in it more than others).

When my boss has taken us all out for a drink he’s spent a damned sight more than £17 a head which the £11,000 bar bill represents. And isn’t that bar bill paid by the MPs out of their pocket anyway?

The argument is stupid. You’re arguing about the fact that a load of people went to a pub and bought their drinks.

Armagedon:
Just a snippet,the Bar Bill for the first week back in Parliament came to £11,000, on behalf of all those elected a BIG Thank YOU.

You do know that they actually pay that bill out of their own pockets so what you’ve basically complained about is someone going to the pub and buying themselves a pint?

I love mouth frothers like you. You provide endless comedy gold because you repeat crap like that without even stopping for a second to think about it.

Conor:

Armagedon:

You do know that they actually pay that bill out of their own pockets so what you’ve basically complained about is someone going to the pub and buying themselves a pint?

I love mouth frothers like you. You provide endless comedy gold because you repeat crap like that without even stopping for a second to think about it.

Spot the Tory voter. Back on a charm offensive. Nice to see your break hasn’t affected your ability to insult everyone in almost every post
Yes it may have come out of their own pocket but the bar they bought I from is heavily subsidised. Who by? Oh that’s right,the taxpayer. I don’t have a problem with someone buying a pint with their own money. But I’ve a problem with me subsidising each pint. And I’m also subsidising their meals in the restaurant as well. Add to that that since its parliament business their there on they probably claim some of it back in expenses

An excellent response from The Snowman to Neanderthal Conor.

Conor:

Captain Caveman 76:

When my boss has taken us all out for a drink he’s spent a damned sight more than £17 a head which the £11,000 bar bill represents. And isn’t that bar bill paid by the MPs out of their pocket anyway?

The argument is stupid. You’re arguing about the fact that a load of people went to a pub and bought their drinks.

We all know that the facilities there are subsidised by the taxpayer, plus they can claim the money back on expenses (taxpayers footing the bill again). All this in a time of austerity when the country is tightening the ■■■■■ strings.
So, this is more like your boss saying the company isn’t doing well so you can’t have that payrise, then turning up the next day in a shiny new Aston Martin.

Captain Caveman 76:
We all know that the facilities there are subsidised by the taxpayer, plus they can claim the money back on expenses (taxpayers footing the bill again).

Total tosh (the second bit, at any rate).