10p for your thoughts

there are times when i do enjoy the job,but now i see it as just a way of earning a wage, i dont know anything else other than driving,other people have said do something else then [including my younger brother] but we all know that younger people cannot get a job so what chance would i have at 50 yrs old,there are plenty of younger people out there who cannot get what they want jobwise and they have degrees and other such qualifications,when i say its just a way of earning a wage,there was a time when driving was good,a couple of years ago i went on a driving assesment for a beer company and was given a DAF 95 XF brand new and was told this is what i would drive eventually,most people would be happy knowing they would be driving a new wagon,all i could think of was get the bloody assesment over and go home,the new motor did not do a thing for me

Muckspreader:
Well I enjoy my job, mainly I empty ■■■ out of peoples septic tanks, I drive no more than 45 miles at anyone time, sometimes my jobs are only a mile or 2 away, I have to wash my truck off every night, every morning I’m proud as punch to drive my clean truck down the road.
Occasssionally I go drive for an agency an odd Saturday night, It gives me the opportunity to drive class 1 keeps my hand in and also get to try all these stupid gearbox’s.

I’ve had my class 1 27 years I’ve done a bit of all sorts, steel, grain, scrap, milk tanker, ■■■ tanker, aggregate.

Trying to think hard has there been a job I hated = probably not.

As for TM’s when they ring I pull over at the first available point and call them back explaining that I was driving but pulled over as soon as possible, funny when they ask how I’m getting on I reply saying well I’d be 5 minutes further down the road had you not called, I usually give them an exact grid reference off my gps, little things make me laugh.

I own my own truck now so it’s a bit different, hopefully in 2014 I will employ a driver, If he or she moans & groans I will suggest they go find a different job.
Answer a question for me please, as and when we need a driver they will only need to work 8am - 5/6pm Mon-Fri
What hourly rate would keep a driver happy & keep him/her in their job for evermore.

Thats a hard one…if you paid £75 an hour,yer would still get folks saying ‘I wouldnt get out of bed for that’

zeddman:

Muckspreader:
Well I enjoy my job, mainly I empty ■■■ out of peoples septic tanks, I drive no more than 45 miles at anyone time, sometimes my jobs are only a mile or 2 away, I have to wash my truck off every night, every morning I’m proud as punch to drive my clean truck down the road.
Occasssionally I go drive for an agency an odd Saturday night, It gives me the opportunity to drive class 1 keeps my hand in and also get to try all these stupid gearbox’s.

I’ve had my class 1 27 years I’ve done a bit of all sorts, steel, grain, scrap, milk tanker, ■■■ tanker, aggregate.

Trying to think hard has there been a job I hated = probably not.

As for TM’s when they ring I pull over at the first available point and call them back explaining that I was driving but pulled over as soon as possible, funny when they ask how I’m getting on I reply saying well I’d be 5 minutes further down the road had you not called, I usually give them an exact grid reference off my gps, little things make me laugh.

I own my own truck now so it’s a bit different, hopefully in 2014 I will employ a driver, If he or she moans & groans I will suggest they go find a different job.
Answer a question for me please, as and when we need a driver they will only need to work 8am - 5/6pm Mon-Fri
What hourly rate would keep a driver happy & keep him/her in their job for evermore.

Thats a hard one…if you paid £75 an hour,yer would still get folks saying ‘I wouldnt get out of bed for that’

And then nosing up his ■■■ trying to get in there by cutting the rate to ■■■■