1001 reasons to avoid the hell hole

Now as an almost daily driver in that there London, I have a ready list of reasons why I would not set foot in it if it wasn’t for a delivery, as I’m sure we all have.

But tonight, I find myself parked up in the lovely Acton area…
I thought, as you do, I walk to a local pub, and enjoy a pint before bed. Rob, look away now…

A pint of Tribute. 5 pound [zb] 60 pence…

Yes, you read that right. £5.60, for a pint. And to top it off, they were really tetchy about my not having brought my plastic, and wanting to pay with folding.

No wonder the place was empty.

Still, it was a nice walk.

5pound [zb] 60… :imp: :imp:

Wetherspoons is the only economically viable option similar price as buying beer in the supermarket if not cheaper.
A pint in the other regular pubs is now a luxury item.

I guess for a employed driver it seems like a lot of money , but to us agency lads it’s just small change ha ha

dozy:
I guess for a employed driver it seems like a lot of money , but to us agency lads it’s just small change ha ha

:smiling_imp:

I remember being charged £5 for a bottle of Newcastle Brown in a west London pub 30 + years ago.I was called a grumpy northerner and told him to put it back on the shelf.

dozy:

You need to up your medication dozy. All your posts recently are back to one sentence incoherent shouting.

As for £5.60 being a lot of money, not really, I earn that in the time it takes me to finish your steak. Its just scandalously expensive for a pint of ale.

Carryfast:
Wetherspoons is the only economically viable option similar price as buying beer in the supermarket if not cheaper.

Yeah, ■■■■ that. The owners a ■■■■■■■ tool and the atmosphere is livelier in a ■■■■■■■ cemetery.

Carryfast:

Ruddles Bitter has been selling for 99p a pint for last few weeks in all the ones I have been in, I was in my local Spoons at the weekend and found myself moaning to myself because it had gone up to £1.50. :laughing:

MikeDBristol:

Carryfast:

Yeah, [zb] that. The owners a [zb] tool and the atmosphere is livelier in a [zb] cemetery.

Couldn’t give a ■■■■ if Putin or Hitler owned it, and atmosphere is determined by the company you keep. :neutral_face: …just saying like.

8D352654-3A39-42FE-B464-43373D196D33.jpeg
You can’t beat this but there’s only one problem the only place you can get it is in leclercs

robroy:

Carryfast:

Ruddles Bitter has been selling for 99p a pint for last few weeks in all the ones I have been in, I was in my local Spoons at the weekend and found myself moaning to myself because it had gone up to £1.50. :laughing:

I got a shock when my usual cod and chips and a pint of Abbot went up to around 7 quid.
Twickenham Red Sky is also a great alternative when they’ve got it on the guest Ale list about £1.80 per pint.

The cheapest beer I’ve had in the UK is the Working Men’s Club in Skiningrove.
For a night out in the middle of nowhere before loading export steel it hits the spot & good fish & chips too. Google Maps

robroy:

MikeDBristol:

Carryfast:

Yeah, [zb] that. The owners a [zb] tool and the atmosphere is livelier in a [zb] cemetery.

Couldn’t give a [zb] if Putin or Hitler owned it, and atmosphere is determined by the company you keep. :neutral_face: …just saying like.

That’s one of the most ridiculous statements I’ve ever read [emoji1787]

MikeDBristol:

robroy:

MikeDBristol:

Carryfast:

Couldn’t give a [zb] if Putin or Hitler owned it, and atmosphere is determined by the company you keep. :neutral_face: …just saying like.

That’s one of the most ridiculous statements I’ve ever read [emoji1787]

Don t worry I’ve got plenty more. :sunglasses:

Popped into a place in Kensington a 600ml bottle of Smart water £2.50 a bottle of Coke 1.75 i even queried it. How the hell do you justify this.

dozy:

Blimey, will wonders never cease, that’s quite a witty post for you.