1000 new stobarts and jenkinson scanias

phantom309:

grahamA:

phantom309:
http://www.stobartgroup.co.uk/NewsCentre/NewsArticle/-Investment-In-New-Scania-Trucks/

The one in the photo is a V8 tag? :open_mouth: Didnt know stobart had a v8

Yup its a 580 i think with sidepipes :sunglasses: :sunglasses: , used for transporting trucks to and from depots mainly but does general worrk to

Any pics of this 580 V8 or a Reg ?
Just wanna see it

Another publicity stunt. Didn’t they order 1000 in 2010 only to cancel half at the last min

I thought they were going bust anyway? :unamused:

phantom309:

busyboy:
I wonder if any of those are bound for Ireland, as i heard Stobarts wants at least 100 trucks here by the end of march, but don’t quote me on that. Although at the moment, no matter where you turn, there’s a Stobart truck. I wonder if they’ll be as popular over here with stobart spotters as they are in the UK? Time will tell.

they already have a fair few over there, some reregistered onto irish plates

These trucks you speak of in Ireland are not re-registered they are purchased through McElvaney Scania in Finglas, Dublin.
I’m sure the English trucks talked about on here will be replacements as oppose to additions! Don’t forget too, that it’s not all about Stobart, it’s a joint venture with A.W. Jenkinson, who is coincidentally a Director of Stobart Biomass, as well as having his own fleet of trucks based in different areas of the UK.
I think they are bought in the UK directly off Scania, so cutting out the dealer and any money he might make on the sale, I’m sure too that they will be bought with a buy back clause written in somewhere … Great to have this buying power, I’m sure. (Only My Opinion).

New trucks, YES. but just replacement for older ones… EVERY transport company does that. nothing to get excited about.

snowchain:

phantom309:

busyboy:
I wonder if any of those are bound for Ireland, as i heard Stobarts wants at least 100 trucks here by the end of march, but don’t quote me on that. Although at the moment, no matter where you turn, there’s a Stobart truck. I wonder if they’ll be as popular over here with stobart spotters as they are in the UK? Time will tell.

These trucks you speak of in Ireland are not re-registered they are purchased through McElvaney Scania in Finglas, Dublin.
I’m sure the English trucks talked about on here will be replacements as oppose to additions! Don’t forget too, that it’s not all about Stobart, it’s a joint venture with A.W. Jenkinson, who is coincidentally a Director of Stobart Biomass, as well as having his own fleet of trucks based in different areas of the UK.
I think they are bought in the UK directly off Scania, so cutting out the dealer and any money he might make on the sale, I’m sure too that they will be bought with a buy back clause written in somewhere … Great to have this buying power, I’m sure. (Only My Opinion).

A lot of them were re registered UK trucks. McElvaneys yard was full of them at one point.

You seen them new high lines with the massive air deflectors on the roof, ming-ing.

stobartgroup.co.uk/NewsCentr … ia-Trucks/

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

keep us spotters busy :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

busyboy:

am i reading the last bit right, better to have trucks from a operational aspect that dont need aditives,so why do the keep buying 380 g-cabs that use ad-blue :confused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

ady1:
am i reading the last bit right, better to have trucks from a operational aspect that dont need aditives,so why do the keep buying 380 g-cabs that use ad-blue :confused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

It sez they’re buying R cab 400 and 440 hp,these don’t need ad-blue.

ellies dad:

ady1:

It sez they’re buying R cab 400 and 440 hp,these don’t need ad-blue.

i think there just for the general side only, chilled side get 380 g-cabs with ad-blue, just had another new one other day

phantom309:
http://www.stobartgroup.co.uk/NewsCentre/NewsArticle/-Investment-In-New-Scania-Trucks/

grahamA:

phantom309:

Yup its a 580 i think with sidepipes :sunglasses: :sunglasses: , used for transporting trucks to and from depots mainly but does general worrk to