100% from you, less from the enforcers?

I’ve just had a (very) quick scan through the “Revised enforcement sanctions policy” document:

assets.publishing.service.gov.u … policy.pdf

As a now very casual LGV driver I am not up to date on most things in the LGV industry but I was surprised to see the document using the initialism HGV instead of LGV.
Have we reverted or are these people more out of date than I am?
I am happy with either but surely the enforcement side have to be current?

I also noted a UK driver found to be using a mobile phone whilst driving will be reported to the Traffic Commissioner (Page46), but a non-UK driver will receive a verbal warning; the description of which is given as “… appropriate only for minor infringements…” (Page8).
Therefore it appears a serious offence for UK drivers is a minor infringement for non-UK drivers; I guess non-UK drivers must be considered better able to multitask.

The HGV label is probably because the operator licence goes by this name.

The non-UK drivers wouldn’t have a UK address. Probably would have made more sense just to call it a fixed penalty for them.

I don’t think the DVSA guys flag down vehicles specifically for mobile phones. They wouldn’t be able to see that until quite late, but I don’t doubt they would go for the jugular if they observed it.

A UK LGV licence is managed by the TC rather than DVLA and they have the authority to suspend or remove it, whereas there is no reciprocal ability to a nonUK licence.

Thank you for the explanations (Noremac & Acorn).

Surely we should all be treated equally, or else it is deemed to be discriminatory?