"100 drops a day"

Saw a job today saying “We expect 100 drops a day”. Is there anyone who actually does a 100 drops a day job and could you explain how you do it?

santa does a few billion over night try asking him :laughing: :laughing:

most ive done is 30 a day in a van. I assume the drops are really close to each other meaning you can do more drops in a certain amount of time

Yes, you walk round and stick them in the letter box. :laughing:

i used to do it a long time ago for the post office on agency.they just told me to pick a postcode from all the cages and they were full of readers digest books and stuff like that.even if you had 2 for the same address it counted as 2 drops and you could have 40 or more drops in half a dozen streets on an estate .was a piece of cake :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Franshise lads at Parceline used to manage upto 100 drops a day with the Merc Sprinter vans as has been said lots of drops close together but the still had a distance to travel.I stood in for one of them you didnt get chance for even a toilet stop by mid afternoon you were shattered and little mistakes started to happen

Was following a local reefer last Xmas time and on the back of the trailer they had written.

"More drops than Santa[/i]" :exclamation: :exclamation: in the dirt…so guess it is possible or they might have been exaggerating a little bit, who knows.

most i did in one day was 420.

though was catalouges and you had like ten drops in one street which were done in like 2 mins. was only a half shift on a saturday and i got 300 quid for that day alone.

though during the week parcel deliveries were from anything from 50 drops up from doune up to crainlarich and such or really local drops round the corner fromt he depot which the driver of that route used to have 200+ parcels a day to deliver and was back by 12ish/1 oclock and got nearly every parcel deliveried.

my usually amount was 160 - 180. one day i did 212 but there was a 25 drop at one address that i never let on about,was soo glad they were in when i got there or i woulda had to have stayed out till they got back or i woulda got my rear end kicked.
most of the deliveries are in one smallish area, mines used to be dalgety bay/aberdour and the beginning of burntisland sometimes. my record is 95 parcels in one hour and they were mainly single drops.
though i very rarely took a break on any of the runs i did because it was job and finish and you were paid by the parcel which could lead to some amazing wage slips of like £6-700 a week after tax.

JeffA:
Saw a job today saying “We expect 100 drops a day”. Is there anyone who actually does a 100 drops a day job and could you explain how you do it?

on parcel jobs youre given a postcode area so the drops are close together
and 100 drops is feasible plus youll have pick ups to do as well. :laughing:

Ribblehead Motors :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Sent there by agency when I first started, gaffer walks across yard holding what I thought was a copy of the yellow pages, it wasnt it was the delivery notes :open_mouth: :open_mouth: , how many are there I asked 123 he said and when you have done them ring in for your pickups, at which I cracked out laughing said not another word and went home.

The youth of today eh? :smiley:

United Carriers, Ripponden and District, Wilkinson Transport and Rainbows used to do that before dinner. :stuck_out_tongue:

In reality 70 to 80 drops was normal without a mate but it is feasible as you can carry three drops in one hand and another on a sack barrow in a street. It probably is much more difficult today as well, because I used to park the truck half way down the street and do about 15 drops without moving or even locking the truck up.

The trick is to sort the next 10 drops out and place them in order near the tailboard every time you climb in the back.

It was always fun at christmas when you had a full van load of parcels, broadloom carpets and push bikes :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

United Carriers, Ripponden and District, Wilkinson Transport and Rainbows used to do that before dinner. :stuck_out_tongue:

In reality 70 to 80 drops was normal without a mate but it is feasible as you can carry three drops in one hand and another on a sack barrow in a street. It probably is much more difficult today as well, because I used to park the truck half way down the street and do about 15 drops without moving or even locking the truck up.

The trick is to sort the next 10 drops out and place them in order near the tailboard every time you climb in the back.

It was always fun at christmas when you had a full van load of parcels, broadloom carpets and push bikes :stuck_out_tongue:

Slightly OT but still on the subject.

Is it just a myth I have heard that doing that sort of job with a digi tacho is a pain because the tacho rounds up to the nearest minute so you loose driving time when you havent really been “driving” with all the stop starts■■?

pecjam23:

Wheel Nut:

Is it just a myth I have heard that doing that sort of job with a digi tacho is a pain because the tacho rounds up to the nearest minute so you loose driving time when you havent really been “driving” with all the stop starts■■?

I think honestly it wouldnt matter as the job we did only involved about 4 hours driving a day particularly with the 70 / 80 drops. If we went further afield the drop count was a lot less. I had a North Yorkshire run called Harrogate 2.

My first drop was in Hawes and my last was in Skipton, probably did 25 drops a day on that

pecjam23:

Wheel Nut:

I would have thought the digi tacho would be a saviour in this job by sucking the time out you. Won’t be able to do as much work :wink:
Who wants to run around doing all that ?
Not me , thats for sure.

Rather you lads than me…Best of luck, you are going to need it… :wink:

JeffA:

I guess this guy: :wink:

Dunno how many drops I do a day, but it must be a couple of hundred a day AND I dont have to get out the cab to load/unload either… :laughing:

I did an agency job a few years ago, every night I did 250 drops and same again in pick ups, mind you they were all on the same 2 mile stretch of motorway :laughing:

i currently work for UPS and have done for the last 8 years. 100 drops a day is very common plus then your got colletions. and you still got to get a tacho breck in there somewhere. glad am on bulk drops now. C+E booked for January

DAF95XF:
Dunno how many drops I do a day, but it must be a couple of hundred a day AND I dont have to get out the cab to load/unload either… :laughing:

:laughing:, must be on the busses then.

100 a day? What is it? Livestock walking on and off the trailer! :laughing: