100,000 pa

Where will it all end

B3C654FB-BA41-493C-B852-A8E6B3694B11.jpeg

If you read the article its impossible to earn 100k

He was offered five night shifts a week paying £27-per-hour, with time-and-a-half for Saturdays and double-time for Sundays (£54).

All good so far then article says

An hourly rate of £54 is £432 for a typical eight-hour shift, £2,160 for a five-day week, £8,640 a month and £103,680 gross per year

Based on an hourly rate of £54 an hour . Now I’m no expert but there’s only 52 Sundays in a year.

They’re obviously doing the groundwork ready to blame “greedy lorry drivers holding the country to ransom” for the hyper-inflation we’ve got coming.

Harry Monk:
They’re obviously doing the groundwork ready to blame “greedy lorry drivers holding the country to ransom” for the hyper-inflation we’ve got coming.

Of course they are, if the money was that good they could retrain and be behind the wheel themselves :unamused:

Spot on Harry, they’ve been overgging this shortage pudding for months now, there’s an ulterior motive, there always is.

I agree all headlines…Hoping people.just see earn 100k a year.
So there’s a rush of People wanting to be hgv drivers.
And once you’ve passed your tested paid over a grand for your licence.
They then realise they can’t earn that much.
But what do they do . Theve just paid for there licence so the obvious thing is there going to make use of it . On an average paid job.

As be suprised if anyone leaves a job pays for a licence then never uses it.

Harry Monk:

The Weimar hyper-inflation - was originally triggered by a default run of COAL as part of the WWI reparations.

That delivery “Failure” - started a whole chain of events that ultimately led to printing money without the gold reserves to back the fiat currency.

These days - we have plenty of fiat currency - but still have the gold to back it.

Any “Modern Day” Hyperinflation then - would be triggered by the breaking scandal that in fact, the vaults are bare, and even more gold was sold off than we realized AFTER Gordon Brown’s folly two decades ago…

Germany - got it’s economy back on track after their hyper-inflation - by re-appropriating gold from that hard-left concept of “taking it away from rich people” - who happened to be of all types, not just Slavs and Jews.

■■■■ Gold.jpg

It worked of course, although to begin with - only a “power sharing government” even then. No full majority until the “Dictatorship” happened.
Everything from melted-down Jewelry to plundered gold tooth fillings…

It is very dangerous indeed - the establishment now trying to make “Truckers” the new “Jews/Slavs/Rich to be confiscated from” at any point in the future time line from where we are now.

“Scapegoats” all over again.

Those who didn’t learn from history - are doomed to repeat it.

They dont get out of bed for less than 100 grand

Harry Monk:

What would that acheive other than to just create even more alienation among prospective drivers against the job if the government deliberately encourages hostility by the public against anyone taking on the job.
They can’t ‘blame greedy drivers’ that they are saying supposedly don’t exist, either because they have walked away from the job or aren’t interested in entering the industry.
The maths show that transport costs only form a small percentage of the retail price of goods and drivers wages even less.
If they are that bothered about transport costs then remove road fuel duty from commercial transport operations.

Ye nonsense from journalists who want to make up stories.
manchestereveningnews.co.uk … g-21585588

"He added that he was offered £54 an hour for Saturdays and Sundays.

This hourly rate of £54 equates to £432 for an eight hour shift, £2,160 for five days, £8,640 per month and £103,680 per year. "

So basically this so called journalist used the weekend rate and times it by 5 for a 5 day weekend at 8 hours a day.

Dont forget this is all from MSA hearsay LOL. Where are the adverts on indeed or reed advertising £54 an hour weekend rates and a £2000 bonus?
You’d think if they are paying that much they would advertise it.

Also what is the source of this 100k a year? A man called BARNEY who phoned in for a radio show. This highly reputable man called BARNEY spoke to some guy in a MSA who promised him a load of money if he only signed a contract in a MSA and followed him to his car… :grimacing:

I’m not journalist but that doesn’t sound like a credible source to me.

dozy:
Where will it all end

What in the hell are ‘HGV agents’ ?

Love this. I’m using this from now on.

Next time my Guvnor brings me for a chat I’m telling him he’ll need to speak to my agent.

Btw, Chelsea are interested so keep that in mind before you make any rash decisions boss.

He can have his people speak to my people from now on.

youtube.com/watch?v=d0LeL9BUPtA

adam277:
Ye nonsense from journalists who want to make up stories.
manchestereveningnews.co.uk … g-21585588

"He added that he was offered £54 an hour for Saturdays and Sundays.

This hourly rate of £54 equates to £432 for an eight hour shift, £2,160 for five days, £8,640 per month and £103,680 per year. "

So basically this so called journalist used the weekend rate and times it by 5 for a 5 day weekend at 8 hours a day.

Dont forget this is all from MSA hearsay LOL. Where are the adverts on indeed or reed advertising £54 an hour weekend rates and a £2000 bonus?
You’d think if they are paying that much they would advertise it.

Also what is the source of this 100k a year? A man called BARNEY who phoned in for a radio show. This highly reputable man called BARNEY spoke to some guy in a MSA who promised him a load of money if he only signed a contract in a MSA and followed him to his car… :grimacing:

I’m not journalist but that doesn’t sound like a credible source to me.

160px-Barney_Rubble.png

Or maybe…

100,000 grand is soooo late August - Im on 150,000 now.

A week…

edd1974:

He was offered five night shifts a week paying £27-per-hour, with time-and-a-half for Saturdays and double-time for Sundays (£54).

An hourly rate of £54 is £432 for a typical eight-hour shift, £2,160 for a five-day week, £8,640 a month and £103,680 gross per year

Based on an hourly rate of £54 an hour . Now I’m no expert but there’s only 52 Sundays in a year.

What I see here is, not the rubbish ‘week of Sundays’ nonsense, but the ‘typical 8 hr shift’. Really? I consider myself an average and typical truck driver and the only 8hr shifts I work are when I’m on standby.

JeffA:
100,000 grand is soooo late August - Im on 150,000 now.

A week…

OMG, you are soooo 20 mins ago. I wouldn’t get out of bed for that.

LazyDriver:

edd1974:

What I see here is, not the rubbish ‘week of Sundays’ nonsense, but the ‘typical 8 hr shift’. Really? I consider myself an average and typical truck driver and the only 8hr shifts I work are when I’m on standby.

Yep, if only they had typed ‘typical 13 hour shift’ then the general public might finally catch on.

Assuming he adheres to the rules of not exceeding the working time over the reference period, and assuming he works every Saturday and Sunday doing 6 days one week 5 days the next, and assuming no POA to increase his working time etc, using the hourly rates given the most he can earn is around 67k, and maybe upto around 75k with a couple of hours here and there.
26 weeks at 30888 Wednesday to Sunday
26 weeks at 36504 Tuesday to Sunday

The year 2023 Will have 53 Sundays in it, so he can earn a little bit more :laughing:

Unbelievable, they are still offering £10 per hour in York.

weeto:
Unbelievable, they are still offering £10 per hour in York.

You’ve got Sainsbury’s 25 mins down the road from you paying £25/hr via agency. :unamused: If you want to work for Keedwell, TEF, Rhodes, Kirky and Cox’s then more fool you.