10 hours night time working

I don,t do nothing I dont get paid for . Does your boss?

told would not be redundent, took 10% cut, but now wants me on nights more hours, as soon as mention money, he says lets talk redundencies, hands tied, bosses taking advantage of this recession

Yep take a 45 minute break and 15 minutes POA so your boss can screw you on a night shift .

:wink:

V8Trucker:
…that’s why i wanted to know if I could legally do just 10 hrs.

If there is no workforce agreement in place you can’t work more than 10 hours. So, don’t book any POA and don’t book a minute more than the legally required 45 minutes of break and you will only have to be on duty for 10 hours 45 minutes instead of the 11 he wants you to do.

Seems a lot of fuss and bother just to avoid 15 minutes of work, which you will no doubt get paid for anyway.

Paul, why are you SO bitter about the poa mater (don’t you get paid for it?? I do and work for dh Hell which seems to have a lot of negative media response lately) You get good companies that will pay your entitelment and others that won’t

al owen:
Paul, why are you SO bitter about the poa mater (don’t you get paid for it?? I do and work for dh Hell which seems to have a lot of negative media response lately) You get good companies that will pay your entitelment and others that won’t

Do DHL pay differently over POA then? :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut, didn’t understand the way you put your comment. But I get paid basic salary plus my overtime which includes poa :laughing:

poa,s dont make me laugh

fuse:
poa,s dont make me laugh

There’s no reason why they should :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

al owen:
Wheel Nut, didn’t understand the way you put your comment. But I get paid basic salary plus my overtime which includes poa :laughing:

I just wondered why DHL in Burton pay differently to DHL in Oxford as regards to the WTD

It must cause some real headaches for the wages department

I disagree with POA because the WTD was designed to cut the hours drivers had to work but then POA put all that in the bin and made a mockery of it all .

The description of POA is complete tosh as well because it states freely availabe to do what ever with your time blah blah …Then the thing 99.9% of drivers are stuck doing at the RDC “this can include time spent in the vehicle whilst not working” Total utter ■■■■■■■■,they built this legislation knowing drivers would be stuck at tips and that is when they would book it.
I don’t book POA and will never book POA…
I don’t get paid POA because I don’t book it :laughing:
However my job is salaried so by booking POA all you are doing is diddling yourself for more work in the week (the longer jobs) and for no extra money.
Where I work if you book it or not you get paid the same.

Sorry Gents, but wot the hell’s a POA or a WTD ?

peterm:
Sorry Gents, but wot the hell’s a POA or a WTD ?

It’s an EU thing

POA = Period Of Availability
When told in advance that you will be waiting for a certain period of time.
Can help reduce the average WTD hours.
Most just use Break if they get paid for it

WTD = Working Time Directive
A mobile worker can only work for an average of 48 hours over a fixed period of months.
The hours that count towards the WTD are driving & other work
POA, Rest & Breaks do not count towards the 48 hour average.
There are also certain other periods of time in which the WTD says that a minimum break of a certain amount should be taken but I won’t bore you with all of them.

Wheel nut, can’t answer why different depots pay differently. I’m outbased (my depot is at Hatfield along with the pay department which looks after all personel on the express contract) Since the wtd/poa issues started, I’ve never had a problem with my pay.

I can …We still get paid from our pay dept at Bedford.
Not been centralised to DHL yet.If it will or not I don’t know as DHL only hold 51% anyway.
I would rather it stay at Bedford as it’s simple and the first thing DHL pay dept will do is screw the wages up.Past experience :laughing:

The 10 hour rule operates between midnight and 0400…i started work at 0030 this week, and i finished at the depot at 10.30…the planners tried to give me more work, and i told them i had worked my maximum allowed under the wtd. they then told me i had opted out…i told them i havnt signed anything and never would…so see ya later…

On another issue…i told our drivers that they are idiots for reducing their daily rest.
some drivers reduce 3 times a week, thats 6 hours to the company, now if you multiply that by £10…the average hourly rate…it equates to £60 a week…
now just to take it one step further…multiply that by an average of 48 weeks…you are giving the firm £2880…we have 30 drivers…a nice earner for the company eh!
So on that note, they wonder why i always take my 11 hours off, and never reduce…